Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Okay, these questions may seem really dumb but the only dumb questions are the ones that are not asked :D

Here Goes:

1) On a 328, I assume that you put the gas in it under the boot where the tire is, correct? I havent seen very many clear photos indicating this but it's my best guess.

2) On a 328, and most all ferrari's I have seen, but on the 328 specifically, on the gear box, 1st gear is straight down and reverse is straight up. So, is there a lockout that prevents you from going from 1st into reverse when you were trying to shift into 2nd?

Please, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Marc

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
1) I am not sure I understand the question.

2) you should still be very careful when shifting from 1st into 2nd because you can unwittingly force the lever into the reverse slot when shifting from 1st.

Have fun driving your most excellent 328 8)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
mleizza said:
Here Goes:

1) On a 328, I assume that you put the gas in it under the boot where the tire is, correct? I havent seen very many clear photos indicating this but it's my best guess.
Filling gas is through the "hidden" gas cap in the rear quarter window on the left side of the car. You need to open the tiny "grill" of the quarter window to reach the gas cap.

mleizza said:
2) On a 328, and most all ferrari's I have seen, but on the 328 specifically, on the gear box, 1st gear is straight down and reverse is straight up. So, is there a lockout that prevents you from going from 1st into reverse when you were trying to shift into 2nd?
1st is left down. And Reverse is directly on top of 1st but you have to press the gear lever and then shift up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I actually do not have the car yet. Have a PPI scheduled on the 28th and will see how that goes. Last PPI i had done on a 308 that was supposed to be spectacular in every way came bach with 20k worth of work that needed to be dont to it.

So, I'll keep my fingers corssed.

Thanks again.

Marc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts