Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
donk_316 said:
This seems like a pretty good car for the price. I requested more info on the car from the seller.

http://www.dupontregistry.com/search/srDetails.asp?itemid=127968

I did a search on the net for more info but i have been getting contradicting information. Thanks for any help.
What kind of info are you looking for? The company selling the car is reputable and I've spoken to them a few times. Nice guys actually. Let us know what it is you want us to answer and we'll try our best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about that, I guess I was getting ahead of myself and didnt even ask the question I wanted answered!

Anyways, my question is reguarding the 308 in general. I see I can get them in carbed /EFI. I like the idea of carbs, but is there anything I should look out for as far as problem areas, or the such. Not just the 308's but the 328's also.

Thanks for your patience with me.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
donk_316 said:
Sorry about that, I guess I was getting ahead of myself and didnt even ask the question I wanted answered!

Anyways, my question is reguarding the 308 in general. I see I can get them in carbed /EFI. I like the idea of carbs, but is there anything I should look out for as far as problem areas, or the such. Not just the 308's but the 328's also.

Thanks for your patience with me.
The owners on here with the Carbs love them. You can do the work yourself very easily on these cars if you are mechanically gifted. Both the 308 and 328 are solid cars with few problems and will bring years of pleasure. (Its the V12 Testarossa that is the nightmare).

If this is your first Ferrari I recommend either one as they are both good choices and depend on budget. I'm not aware of the EFI having any problems. A 328 is newer so more than likely will be in better condition, but you can find a well taken care of 308 then no problems.

Also check out the tech forum and do a search on it, some 308 questions in there that have been answered to shed light on your quesitons.

·
Registered
749 Posts
The carburetted 308 engine generally has more power than the later injected unit (and also sounds better IMHO), but certainly would be more fiddly if DIY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts