Ferrari Life Forum banner

newbie here

1K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Dr. Bob 
#1 ·
Love the site. Now down to business. I'm 16 yr old, and my dad said that he will buy me a 308 if i get at least a 1300 on my SATs. I've scored an 1100 on them before, so I'm going to take them again on December 4th, 2004. Anyone have any suggestions or can help me at all. thanks

#5 ·
ferrari355fi said:
Love the site. Now down to business. I'm 16 yr old, and my dad said that he will buy me a 308 if i get at least a 1300 on my SATs. I've scored an 1100 on them before, so I'm going to take them again on December 4th, 2004. Anyone have any suggestions or can help me at all. thanks
Interesting approach.

Take a number of practice tests. The more comfortable you are in taking the test, the better chance you have of an improved score. I also found that taking Latin, helped on the Verbal section.

#6 ·
Yes I do know that people here worked hard for there ferrari(s), and I am happy and envious. I do hope to one day be as successful as the people in here. I have dreams and goals too, and one is to some day get a ferrari. Since that opportunity has come about, I'm going to try anything to get it. . But you also have to remember that I am a teenager, and teens usually don't think of anyone besides themselves. I have been studying a loooot. I study about 6 hours a week. It isn't a waste of money too. It is a love and passion i have, and my father has noticed it. If i do get it, i would probably cry, and then i don't know what i would do, it would probably take about a week for me to get over the extreme happiness so that i could drive it. Thanks for the help.

#9 ·
Dr. Bob said:
so study your ass off, and when you pass it, you will be one of the happiest teenagers in Amerca I think...
I know a few 18 yr olds who own multiple sports cars....and it frightens the hell outta me. One kid actually has 4 AMG Benzes and a 575 Maranello. In his first year in college!

Lol. Talk about saving the rod and spoiling the child...

#13 ·
That's sure some motivation, but you might want to get it in writing!

Just kidding, but it did happen to me (on a MUCH smaller scale). In my last year at primary school (10 y.o.) I sat a scholarship test for an elite school, & was promised this REALLY cool bike if I won it. One of those great dragster things from the early 70's, called a Mongoose (you can see that I still carry the scars!!).

Anyway, I didn't think much of my chances & a few weeks later at our local fair there was an auction of stuff & my parents bought for me a bike. OK I thought, I could do with one of those even though it was pretty clapped out. I worked on it in the holidays & painted it tangerine (bright orange) & stuck lots of stuff all over it. It was OK.

But then I won the scholarship. But no new bike, as I already had one, see (no, actually I don't!). There were other compensations but as you can see, I STILL CARRY THE SCARS ! :green:

(so, get it in writing :wink: ..... and best of luck - you'll never forgive yourself if you don't give it your best shot!)

#14 ·
4kids3fish said:
That's sure some motivation, but you might want to get it in writing!

Just kidding, but it did happen to me (on a MUCH smaller scale). In my last year at primary school (10 y.o.) I sat a scholarship test for an elite school, & was promised this REALLY cool bike if I won it. One of those great dragster things from the early 70's, called a Mongoose (you can see that I still carry the scars!!).

Anyway, I didn't think much of my chances & a few weeks later at our local fair there was an auction of stuff & my parents bought for me a bike. OK I thought, I could do with one of those even though it was pretty clapped out. I worked on it in the holidays & painted it tangerine (bright orange) & stuck lots of stuff all over it. It was OK.

But then I won the scholarship. But no new bike, as I already had one, see (no, actually I don't!). There were other compensations but as you can see, I STILL CARRY THE SCARS ! :green:

(so, get it in writing :wink: ..... and best of luck - you'll never forgive yourself if you don't give it your best shot!)
It's the same with me. When I was in my final year at uni, my dad promised me an Alfa Romeo when I pass. I did but the car never came. :(

It took me a long time since to get my first Ferrari all through my own effort and not a single cent from my dad (God rest his soul). I'm on my forth now and possibly going to my fifth next year. I have no ill feelings but I've learned something dear, never promise my children anything if I don't mean it.

#15 ·
Yeah, i got to a really competitive school too. And i wrote out a whole 3 page contract with my dad. Since my dad is a doctor, he has all of that paper work, and i took some of the ideas for there and used them against him. One clause of it is that the contract is void if i do not show that i have studied (because a 1300 without studying is luck). Another, and one of my personal favorites, if one does not follow through with deal, castration is an option and will but followed through....side note, DAMN 4 and possibly 5 ferraris, u wanna be my new father.

#19 ·
It took me a long time since to get my first Ferrari all through my own effort and not a single cent from my dad (God rest his soul). I'm on my forth now and possibly going to my fifth next year. I have no ill feelings but I've learned something dear, never promise my children anything if I don't mean it.[/quote]

Very nicely put. It feels much better when you earn it yourself. It took me a long time to finally be in a position to buy my first Ferrari.

Never had the problem of my father promising something and not delivering. The only promise he made was to pay for my education as long as I got into a 1st tier University and that he would continue to fund it through graduate school, if that is what I decided to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.