Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
I have been browsing around this board for quite awhile now and decided to join :) I am from Hong Kong, but currently in new york now. I am crazy about ferraris! one of the reasons is because my dad has been driving ferraris even before i was born. His first ferrari was a 308 GT4. Then he traded in for a mondial quattrovalve cabriolet. After that was the 348ts. Shortly after that was the BB512(my favourite!). The maserati 3200GT was the next one and finally the 550. Sorry i am not very good with numbers, so i cant exactly remember the years of those cars. anyway, here are some pics of the 550

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Welcome to the site. Are those pictures taken in Hong Kong? Based on the plates I would guess yes. That 550 is beautiful! and I like the picture with the WRX and 550 next to each other. There is another user on here from Hong Kong, he has excellent photos of some events there. Again, welcome to the site, glad to see you join in the fun. :green:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for the warm welcome

yupyup! :)
i am from hong kong. I am just studying in new york. The sti is my elder brother's ride and the S2000 is what i drive whenever i get back 8)

i don't know a whole lot about ferrari, so i am here to learn all the bits about it! :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dj Dirk said:
welcome

wel an S2000 as pretty cool aswell
but the bigger question is
does your dad let you drive his toy?
Never tried the 550 :cry:
but did took his 3200gt and 911 3.6 turbo out for a spin a couple of times before.. hehehe :p

·
Registered
900 Posts
If you didn't say it was a 550, I would've thought it was a 575! The 575 rims sure do improve the car in that respect.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
There are 4 major changes for the 575. The wheels, the air intake on the bonnet, the nose and the width of the space under the trunk lid. You'll never see a 575 for a 550 again ;)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Well, let me also welcome you, ApeGen. That's a very nice looking 550 your dad's got there. As Dirk said, the modular rims look good on the 550.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again for the warm welcome gents!

The car came with those rims when my dad got it.. don't know how much extra he paid for them :-?

i do prefer the modular rims more than the stock ones :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dr. Bob said:
The Honda S2000 is very nice too. Do you have more pics of that one?
here you go Bob..

Even though i havent driven alot of different cars.. but i have to say the S2000 got the best steering wheel feedback i have ever seen! its an incredible car.. i love it..

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
True story. When I was in Japan I actually met the guy that designed the interior of your car. He designed the dash and seating position. Something I never knew was that Honda had a S2000 in the early 60s. Everyone always thought the car was built because Porsche made the Boxter and BMW Z3 but it was actually to symbolize Honda's heritage as they entered the year 2000 hence the S2000.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Enzo250GTO said:
True story. When I was in Japan I actually met the guy that designed the interior of your car. He designed the dash and seating position. Something I never knew was that Honda had a S2000 in the early 60s. Everyone always thought the car was built because Porsche made the Boxter and BMW Z3 but it was actually to symbolize Honda's heritage as they entered the year 2000 hence the S2000.
That is pretty cool. He must be somewhat smart.. or else he wouldn't be able to design such a "driver" interior! :green: Everything is just in the right place! The seats support is extremely well and the dashboard is magnificent with everything digitalized. Yea, i watched a video that talked about the S2000 and its ancestors.. i didnt know that before either

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stradale said:
Beautiful interior. You must be proud of it, now more that before. :)
Thanks stradale. I just feel very fortunate to drive such a car. I am not very greedy.. so i am happy with this :D I will demand more once i make my own fortunate 8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts