Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone could tell me how many books/owners manuals are supposed come with a 1999 355 F-1 GTS?

I have one in mind to buy but not sure it has all of the books?

If it does not have all of the books, can you order them from a Ferrari dealer, or elsewhere?

If you don't have all of the original books, does that make the vehicle less attractive?

Thanks very much

bp

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I am not sure how many that exact year would have come wiht but at a minimum it should have the Owners Manual, Service Book, Stereo Instructions, and probably the International Service Center/Dealers Directory. You maybe able to order copies through a dealer and there are a couple of websites that also specialize in reprints.

A car that does not have all the original documents would definitely be discounted vs one that did.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
yes, it is less attractive when it misses books, the good part is that you can usually buy them at the dealer. Only problem: Why are books missing? Aspecially look at the servicebook. If that one is missing, something is wrong. The other books are buyable from a dealership (I guess) but the servicebook mentions all the service doen to the car. If that one is missing, it usually means that the seller is hiding something.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
One owners manual, one radio manual and one service book. They're enclosed in a leather folder and there a small torch light that comes with the set.

The Owners Manual is very important and you can't get this from the bookshop, perhaps from Ferrari itself.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm sure you can buy these on Ebay quite cheaply so I wouldn't worry too much if any are missing. (As long as the service book is there with the relevant stamps of course!)

I think the books should come in a brown leather holder as well, they did with my 348.

Justyn.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
BP said:
If you don't have all of the original books, does that make the vehicle less attractive?
I would think the presence of all the books would make the car a little more attractive, but if I liked the car I wouldn't steer away from it just because the books were missing. If you are buying from a dealer, make them buy the books or knock a few bucks off the price.

It is amazing how many used cars out there are missing the owner's manual. I guess people take them in the house to read them and forget about them or they keep them as a souvenir when they sell the car.

There is a local car dealer who, over the years, I have bought 5 used cars from. Not one of them had a manual. For the last 2, I told him, "Dale, I like the car and I will buy it if you get me all the books all the books that go with it." No problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts