Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Jeffrey, 19 years old, currently working with the Dutch Army Cavalry and no I don't own a Ferrari. I'm just an enthusiast that to be honest didn't liked Ferrari, or more like, didn't bother about the brand since a couple of monds ago. I took a look at a Ferrari/Lambo meeting next to where I live and since that time my interest in Ferrari has grown alot. Ofcourse I would like to own a Ferrari some time, but point is that in The Netherlands they tax the hell out of all cars. For example a Ferrari 348, one of my favorite Ferrari's, cost no less than in dollars about $50.000, and the dream kinda collapsed after seeying what a 30k maintenance job costs :(

But maybe not all is lost, hoping in winning the lotery and ofcourse my alltime goal starting my own bussiness, probably in homeland security, I see a market in this as the demand for protection is growing in this country...

But that aside, I hope to learn alot here, and that was me.

Favorite Ferrari's:
Enzo FXX
Enzo
F430
360 stradale
288 GTO, love the sound of this one!

Currently I drive an MG ZR 160 as my first car, it's great to drive, not comparable with a Ferrari, but it's good enough for now.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Welcome, and don't give up on your dream.
I was like you 20 years ago, but I eventually achieved my goal. So can you if you work hard and create your own luck.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm in a similar boat that you are, just remember....don't give up...manage your money well, and be careful about spending too much on nights out, drugs, alcohol, or whatever it be. Good Luck, and Welcome!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome fellow dutchman,

Do not worry, you've got time. But don't wait for the lottery (chances of being struck by lighting are bigger)
Army money for an 19 year old isn't that bad, is it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, I won't wait for the lottery, just wouldn't mind winning it ;)

About army income, no it isn't that bad, especially if you are send on a ''mission'' in another country, but my contract doesn't last forever and I'm sure I'm gonna miss the extra's from all the military exercises when I get a ''normal'' job :D

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Hey, I won't wait for the lottery, just wouldn't mind winning it ;)

About army income, no it isn't that bad, especially if you are send on a ''mission'' in another country, but my contract doesn't last forever and I'm sure I'm gonna miss the extra's from all the military exercises when I get a ''normal'' job :D
Ook welkom!

You're not necessarily going to miss the extras, there are plenty ways to be succesful. For what it's worth, I lived on 700 guilders a month ($300) till I was 25 and I own a 550 at 37, so anything can happen.

It's good that you checked the maintenance costs - most people buying an entry-level Ferrari "forget" about that. They don't really forget, they just don't want to know. Make sure you can afford to run one if you get into a position to buy an F, it has to be a joy to own one, not a nightmare.

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts