Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the oppertunity to get a set of wheels and tires for the Dino at a great price. These should improve the handeling quite a bit. I've got mixed reviews, but I thought I'd see what everyone here thinks. I still have the originals too so I can allways put them back on. But for now I'll give them a go!
They are HRE wheels with Pirelli P7000 P 235/45 ZR 17 tires(practially new).

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I kind of like them....I am guessing the old ones you had on there were the traditional stock wheels?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I kind of like them....I am guessing the old ones you had on there were the traditional stock wheels?
You are correct, the 14" 70 series ones! And thanks for the positive feedback. I was not looking for these, the set became available to me and I thought , "what the heck!" they look pretty good for not really picking out the style.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
I think they look good on the car.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Looks really sharp, I also find it blends in well with the chrome trim and door handle. The only thing I would change would be the center logo to a Ferrari logo but that’s just me but besides that it looks sweet!!!!

~

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks really sharp, I also find it blends in well with the chrome trim and door handle. The only thing I would change would be the center logo to a Ferrari logo but that’s just me but besides that it looks sweet!!!!

~
Thanks Magnum! I thought the same thing! :D

Cheers!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh those look nice, actually. surprised. run them.
And I thank you Viscount, I will be actually puting them on the car tomorrow. When the photo was taken I only had the 2 left wheels to try on for fit and clearance evaluation!

Cheers!

·
Registered
453 Posts
my pleasure.

i just noticed you've put shields on the Dino as well. these little changes make the overall impression of your car that much better. you haven't gone over the top but have made noticeable enhancements. you have chosen wheels that acutally compliment the body and not compete with it as is so often seen.

sorry to be so gushing but i genuinely like what you have done :eek:

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Nice looking car, the wheels look great on it.
The more I see 308 GT4's the more I like them. I had an opportunity to buy a concours condition GT4 at a knockdown price a few years ago and declined. I've always regretted that decison, many people have told me how much fun they are how well they handle. Prices have recently started climbing to near GTB/GTS levels now.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my pleasure.

i just noticed you've put shields on the Dino as well. these little changes make the overall impression of your car that much better. you haven't gone over the top but have made noticeable enhancements. you have chosen wheels that acutally compliment the body and not compete with it as is so often seen.

sorry to be so gushing but i genuinely like what you have done :eek:
Thanks a bunch!!! Still more to do, I'd like to raise the rear ride height to match the front. Not too sure on how to go about that yet without replacing the shocks and springs but I'll figure it out. Perhaps with some HELP!!!(hint to anyone! :D) Thanks again for the complements!

Nice looking car, the wheels look great on it.
The more I see 308 GT4's the more I like them. I had an opportunity to buy a concours condition GT4 at a knockdown price a few years ago and declined. I've always regretted that decison, many people have told me how much fun they are how well they handle. Prices have recently started climbing to near GTB/GTS levels now.
Its not too late Archie! Fixers can still be had fairly reasonable but are getting harder to find. The really nice ones are, as you stated, are on the move up and are even harder to find. They are absolutely a blast to drive and you can really work on them and fix them up yourself(if you like that sort of thing) Which I obviously do. Kinda like a "classic exotic hotrod" so to speak! Remember you heard that here first!

Cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts