Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people i am new to the board and here is a very short introduce i am 26 years female from sweden
i dont own a ferrari yet but i want to own a Ferrari 348 TB some day
today i drive a Maserati shamal V8 BiTurbo 1993 :D
Best regard
Malin

My car

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Welcome to the Board Malin

i don't think we have a lot of swedish members, and especially nobody that has a Shamal

how does that car drive? and more importantly, the masers in those days weren't that relaible, altough you have one of the last series and they had improved a lot by then. but still i'm wondering does she give you many problems?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hello Dj Dirk
i have not have any big problem with my car. because the car is in for Service every six month and i only use it in the summer
so i take good care off my car :) .
the only problem is a worn-out start motor and i can´t find a new one :-(

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
aha, that's the trick it's not your daily driver, wich one is that then?
and every 6 months in service? wow that's a lot since you only use it for the summer
and i should have known that it was a summer car, how would you drive that car with all that snow over there :-?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i can´t abuse my car and use it in the winter :) i have a Volvo for that time a year.
i have relative at Maserati services garage so thats way i can take my car there every six month :wink:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Welcome Malin - good to see you here.

Nice car - very unusual - don't think I've seen one before.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Malin!

I as well don't think I've ever seen a Shamal before. Quite interesting, and it sounds good that you take care of your car well. I can only hope to have an italian car like that by 26. Goodluck on finding a 348TB in the future.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Welcome! That is a sharp looking car!

Since you can't find a new starter, have you tried finding a place that rebuilds hard-to-find starters? Or a cross-referenced part #? Maybe a starter from a Mondial would fit.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Just did a quick search and both Eurospares and Italiancarparts have the starter. Also, try MaseratiNet.com

I also found a website from the UK where a guy recommends just buying one from Maserati.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pete04222
thanks for the help i appreciate a lott :D
but the start motor at Eurospares and Italiancarparts are for the V6 i don´t think it will work on my V8

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Malin said:
Pete04222
thanks for the help i appreciate a lott :D
but the start motor at Eurospares and Italiancarparts are for the V6 i don´t think it will work on my V8
Yeah, your probably right. I don't know a whole lot about the Maserati. I just think it's odd that you can't get a starter for a car that is only 11 years old. Have you tried Maserati directly?

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hi Malin, welcome!

Like the Maser, it's a very special car. My brother in law has a garage. He got a early '90 Maser standing in his garage. I know nothing of Maser, and I don't know what type or someting, but it's wrecked (highway spin). Maybe the parts match? I'll ask what type of car it is... ...and what he's going to do with it.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Although I am not that familiar with Maseratis, there are at least two companies here you could try and inform about that starter: Franco Auto in Kwintsheul and Arese Classico in Hoofddorp. Don't know the exact webpages from memory but it should be autofranco.nl or francoauto.nl and areseclassico.nl

Niels

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for al the tips i am waiting for a reply from Maserati Italy and with some luck they have one for me :)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Okay, just for the record:

http://www.francoauto.nl
http://www.areseclassico.nl

Both are independent Maserati expert shops. First shop is more like a garage only but has some excellent machinery from time to time: have seen several EB110 Bugattis there and also a Miura S. Many Ferrai Club members seem to bring their car to him for maintenance (owner has a 330 GT 2+2 Ferrari). There are Maseratis all over the place, including classic Mexicos but also saw several Shamals there.

The second shop has a tiny showroom and has some interesting cars for sale. Most of the time they have Maseratis from the eighties and nineties.

I have visited them both occassionally and they all seem to be very friendly and thrustworthy.

Niels

PS: If you need the info on the sites translated, just drop a line here!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Welcome to the place you will enjoy. Nice Maserati even thow the back finders look damaged but I know they are not. Great looking engine and probably is powerful considering it is made by Ferrari.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I do not believe Ferrari had anything to do with the engine in this car! Maserati has changed hands quit often so I do not know who supply that hart but definately not Ferrari (began with the 3200 GT if I am not mistaken).

Niels

1 - 20 of 23 Posts