Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new user and have never posted anything, ever, anywhere. I've been reading new and old forum listings for a few days. I've noticed that there aren't many classics among your forum subjects. Here's my European model 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293. It`s located in Québec, Canada. I hope the photo shows up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
hi, welcome here, It's a beautiful picture.
Also, I like the color of the car. I have never seen it on a 365 GT 2+2 before.

·
Registered
42 Posts
TILKIZER660,

Welcome.

I can only echoe Dr Bob's sentiments; a beautiful model and fetching colour. You are coprrect in that it is rare we see the older models. It must be fantastic to experience driving such a car on a hot summer's day.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Welcome to the Forum TLKIZER660

yes you are right, we have a shortage of Classics IMO, or maybe there are a lot that we don't know about
so it's very good to have you here, we would love to hear more about your car, and especially what colour that is, cuz it looks gorgeous

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
TLKIZER660,

Welcome to the site you have a beautiful car. At the moment we now have 3 vintage owners that have posted. I know we have more that are viewers to the site as I get emails from them.

I hope you will post more and enjoy our community of Ferrari owners & enthusiast.

Regards,
Andrew

·
Registered
476 Posts
One of my favorite models. You realy have to see these cars in person to appreciate them. The V-12 sounds FANTASTIC! And you can haul three of your friends while listening. :wink:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your comments. I bought the car in 1985 from a Magnetti Marelli VP who had imported it to the US. Originally I thought it was a repaint job but an expert told me that it's the originally lacquer and the company (Ferrari, of course) tells me the original colors were (and apparently still are) Paint: Grigio Ortello 2.443.813 with Pelle Beige VM 3218 interior. I have no idea what "Ortello" means but it's some sort of medium grey metallic. The engine, drivetrain and suspension are like new, having been restored about 2,000 km ago. Here's a photo of the engine compartment. Thanks again for your generous comments. They make me feel welcome.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
What a beautiful engine. The two oragne cylinders in the front are oil filters correct? If so I never realized the engine had two oil filters. Looks great.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
yes you can see it's been restored, the engine bay is spotless, very nice

do you have a better shot of the car where it shows off the colour better?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Wow, stunning car in a stunning colour, TLKISER660! I like it alot. ANd that engine bay, wow, it seems like you keep that thing quite clean. Very nice.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I noticed the cooling vents on the side of the engine. Are these standard or are they special for this car? I don't recall ever seeing others with them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll answer a couple of questions at the same time.
The cooling vents are cast aluminum and are original. They let hot air out of the engine compartment. The engine fills the engine compartment so much that it's difficult to cool. I'm missing some shields that cover the headers and help to keep the carbs cool, so it tends to have hot fuel handling problems (vapor lock) in the summertime. I have to keep the electric fuel pump running to boost the mechanical fuel pump when it's hot outside.
The color of the car is really difficult to show. I've tried to take photos that show it well but they all come out the same. The best one is the one I posted.
The orange cylinders are the oil filters. They're mounted upside down so they have to be special filters that have check valves inside to keep the oil from draining out when the engine is shut off. Otherwise, it would take very long for oil pressure to build up and potentially cause bearing failure. Fram makes the filters but they're hard to find. All Columbo V12's had them, starting in 1947.
Thank you all for your comments and encouragement.

·
Registered
17 Posts
TLKIZER660 said:
I'm a new user and have never posted anything, ever, anywhere. I've been reading new and old forum listings for a few days. I've noticed that there aren't many classics among your forum subjects. Here's my European model 365 GT 2+2 S/N 12293. It`s located in Québec, Canada. I hope the photo shows up.
From another classic owner, great looking car!!

I'm going to get some updated shots of mine to post here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm sure I speak for the rest of us here when I say that it brings so much pleasure to others when the owners of older classic Ferrari's post and send pictures of their cars onto a forum. We all appreciate the great deal of time, effort and money that it takes to keep these cars running and on the roads. It truely is a reflection of their owners passion when we see these beautiful cars. Unfortunately some of these cars are so rare that it is often impossible to see them other than in books or on film. So to have the opportunity to chat with owners is something that we all welcome.

Respect where it's due.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looks great 8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts