Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hill Engineering is making a small batch of towing eyes specially for the F40.

I had called them up to order one and found out that none of the stock models fit the F40 properly. In response they offered to design a new one specially for the F40. This is a whole new level of excellence in Customer Service. I can't recommend these guys enough.

These are what the stock ones look like:
http://www.hillengineering.co.uk/ca....html?osCsid=4ea66f25335723cef23c2b2dbaf8abae

Contact Us
Corporate Headquarters: Hill Engineering (Catford) Ltd
1-5 Mercy Terrace.
Lewisham.
London.
United Kingdom.

Tel: +44 (0)20-8690-2163
Fax: +44 (0)20-8690-5810

E-mail Contacts: Product Inquiries - [email protected]
Technical Assistance - [email protected]
Order Status - [email protected]

·
Registered
265 Posts
I recently received the Tow eye and Wheel Nut Socket from Hill's Engineering. Quality on both is outstanding.
Dear Comrade Boxer,

With the F-40 wheel nuts set at the designated six hundred and fifty Newton Metre's how do you propose to undo them? It takes four people to do so - one with his/her foot planted firmly on the brake - another holding the socket onto the nut - plus two more hefty fellow levering on a six foot long torque wrench.

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear Comrade Boxer,

With the F-40 wheel nuts set at the designated six hundred and fifty Newton Metre's how do you propose to undo them? It takes four people to do so - one with his/her foot planted firmly on the brake - another holding the socket onto the nut - plus two more hefty fellow levering on a six foot long torque wrench.

With kind regards,

Vulcan
Very simply, by driving the F40 down to the dealer and asking him to have the tires replaced.:steeringwheel: I am sure he will have the above referenced crew in his employment.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Very simply, by driving the F40 down to the dealer and asking him to have the tires replaced.:steeringwheel: I am sure he will have the above referenced crew in his employment.
Dear Erudite Comrade Boxer,

Yes, that makes great sense. But this would only be of benefit should a tyre become punctured within close proximity of a Ferrari dealers premises.

However, do you have any idea why the wheel nuts need to be tightened to such an extent?

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dear Erudite Comrade Boxer,

Yes, that makes great sense. But this would only be of benefit should a tyre become punctured within close proximity of a Ferrari dealers premises.

However, do you have any idea why the wheel nuts need to be tightened to such an extent?

With kind regards,

Vulcan
Dear Comrade Vulcan,

I truly have no idea why they need to be so tight. It does certainly provide extra security against a wheel deciding to go its own way at a most unopertune time.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dear Comrade Vulcan,

I truly have no idea why they need to be so tight. It does certainly provide extra security against a wheel deciding to go its own way at a most unopertune time.
Dear Omniscient Comrade Boxer,

I note that Hill Engineering appear to no longer sell F-40 wheel nuts. Any idea why this should be so? My friend in America believes they were of far better quality then the Ferrari SpA wheelnuts and half the price. For example, the Ferrari wheel nuts are four hundred and forty seven pounds each :yikes: and my uderstanding is that Hill Engineering were marketing their version for two hundred and twenty pounds each.

EDIT: I have just sent an e-mail to Hill Engineering with regard to wheel nuts and will inform you of their response.

With kind regards,

Vulcan

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
shoot, forget the wheel nuts, have Hill mfgr front wheel berings for the TRs' Mondial Ts F40 etc....THEY ARE TODAY's GOLD

rik

1 - 10 of 10 Posts