Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've been looking at the Ferraris for some time now and love the 360 Modena. I've been thinking of purchasing a 2000-2003 model Modena.

Can someone give me any advice on how I should go about purchasing the right one?

Cost range for those model years?

Estimate cost of insurance in the USA? I am 29 years old, male, great driving record.

How many miles/year is average on an exotic car?

I was thinking of spending around $100K-150K.

Anything else I should know about. Please advise.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
roro,

Welcome to Ferrari Forum. We are glad to have you here and help in your first Ferrari purchase.

The number of miles per year will greatly depend on the model. It could be anywhere between 1,000 and 12,000.

If you are unsure of which model is right for you I suggest checking out our library of 13 Buyer's Guides which cover all the modern models.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
roro,

You should be able to find a very nice 360 in your price range. Suggest you take a quick look at the classifieds here to give you an idea on where the market currently is priced. Another place to look is the price index and classifieds on Ferrari Market Letter.

In terms of mileage. A lot of Ferraris are garage queens so low mileage cars are not hard to find. The problem is cars that sit are not happy Ferraris so make sure everything works properly. A higher mileage car can be in just as good condition and may represent a bargain.

The Buyers Guides in the Members section are another good resource.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Don't forget the all important PrePurchase Inspection: it's the LEAST you'll spend on any Ferrari! 8)

can't wait to see the pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts