Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Jason from Kinetix Racing.

We have been working on a set of top quality catalytic converters for the Ferrari F360 Modena. The quality and construction of these cats is top notch. They are constructed of full stainless throughout and precision tig welded. We have the metallic core converters specially made with 180 cell count density, providing almost identical flow to 100 cell count but with a much smother exhaust note.

We fabricate all of our products in-house to ensure control over quality. Attention has been paid to the smallest detail including packaging and the inclusion of hardware / gaskets. Our confidence in quality allows us to offer a LIFETIME warranty on craftsmanship and failure of the cat. This includes any cracking of welds or failure of the catalytic element. Kinetix offers LIFETIME warranty on all of our products.

We are looking for a first group of buyers who are interested in giving us feedback and opinions. We want enthusiasts who can give us overall feedback on installation and performance. Dynos would be great but not required and any pictures would also be greatly appreciated.

We have thoroughly tested these cats for performance and fitment however; we understand that outside feedback from end users is invaluable. We are offering these first buyers a special price of $1400 a set shipped. These will be selling on our website for $1999 a set. Understanding the nature of this offer, we are also honoring a 100% money back return policy with no restocking fees.

We have been in the automotive industry for 12 years and on the manufacturing side for 5 years. We hope to venture into the higher quality market of exotics. We also have an intake manifold for the F360 Modena in the prototype stages. We hope that these high flow cats will be a successful step toward more innovative parts for Ferrari's.

If you are interested in participating in this special offer, please contact me by e-mail or at the number below.

Thank you,

Jason Cicchetti
[email protected]
(714)543-5155

Attachments

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
By your phone number I see you are in California. Are these BAR approved so they can legally be installed on cars in California?

Also you should warn your potential customers in California that removing a good functioning cat and replacing with another is a violation that carries stiff penalties.

Have you performed any dyno runs to document the performance improvement?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I see you have posted this in 2 places. I asked you a couple of questions in the Modern Models thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a very good question and a valid concern.

We often get the question of "legality" of many of our products and aftermarket products in general.

In the strictest interpretation of the law, most modifications done to our vehicles is "illegal". This would include intake modifcations of any sort , and catalytic converter upgrades.

Lets focus on catalytic converters. Being in California we have the strictest rules and emmissions standards. Often a product will boast "CARB certified" which is the "California Air Resources Board" , meaning it is CARB approved in CA.

However, much like you just pointed out, it is actually illegal to even remove or replace your catalytic converters unless they have failed! So even with a CARB cert. you still cannot replace them unless they have failed.

Thus, when purchasing we always must inform our customers that they are for "offroad purposes" which is almost always the case for catalytic converter upgrades.

However, these will in fact pass Smog TESTING , meaning they will pass visual inspection and the "sniffer" test which the actual emmissions testing.

So the bottom line is that they will pass a SMOG test, however under the strictest interpretation of the law, they are for "offroad purposes only"

I hope this clarifies everything. Unfortunately this is the nature of the business, especially in California.

Dyno runs have been recorded and we will release them them once we repeat a new baseline due to some runs with our prototype intake manifold. We are seeing gains of 16-24hp in various areas through the powerband.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I apologize for the double post, the questions was in regards to the legality of replacing catalytic converters, especially in California......

This is a very good question and a valid concern.

We often get the question of "legality" of many of our products and aftermarket products in general.

In the strictest interpretation of the law, most modifications done to our vehicles is "illegal". This would include intake modifcations of any sort , and catalytic converter upgrades.

Lets focus on catalytic converters. Being in California we have the strictest rules and emmissions standards. Often a product will boast "CARB certified" which is the "California Air Resources Board" , meaning it is CARB approved in CA.

However, much like you just pointed out, it is actually illegal to even remove or replace your catalytic converters unless they have failed! So even with a CARB cert. you still cannot replace them unless they have failed.

Thus, when purchasing we always must inform our customers that they are for "offroad purposes" which is almost always the case for catalytic converter upgrades.

However, these will in fact pass Smog TESTING , meaning they will pass visual inspection and the "sniffer" test which the actual emmissions testing.

So the bottom line is that they will pass a SMOG test, however under the strictest interpretation of the law, they are for "offroad purposes only"

I hope this clarifies everything. Unfortunately this is the nature of the business, especially in California.

Dyno runs have been recorded and we will release them them once we repeat a new baseline due to some runs with our prototype intake manifold. We are seeing gains of 16-24hp in various areas through the powerband.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Thanks for the answer but your potential customers should know that this is far more than a technicality. I deal with the enforcement end on a regular basis and it is not taken lightly. It is a very serious crime in California and if you do not use certified components Ferrari of North America is more than happy to point it out.

There are certified components available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand your point, and possibly a more comprehensive disclaimer should be provided PRIOR to purchase.

We did quite a bit of initial market research and did not find any CARB certified high flow cats available. Could you possibly point some out to us so we can compare?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts