Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
I've had my '79 308 GTS for about 2 months now and love it. Dane Sander told me about this website so here I am! Seems like a real nice site, I like the appearance. One of the best Looking forums I have seen.
Well, I'll post some pics of my baby in the Garage section and I'll be checking in regularly!
Peter Cyr.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome aboard, Pete...and congratulations on your "new" 308! How has the car treated you so far? I'm sure you're having a blast making that engine sing. Looking forward to the pics!

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Welcome

Pete,
Glad to have you here. As soon as I resolve the attachment problem we are having :roll: we would all love to see pictures of your car.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Andrew, I thought the problem was me. I've got about 3 good pics I'd like to post. Actually, 2 of them are in the Owner's gallery on Paul Green's website http://www.ferrari308.com/ Also, in case you are not aware, some of the buttons on this website have no text. Again, not sure if the problem is my computer.

Eric,
The car has been treating me great! It runs and drives beautifully. When I picked it up, it didn't idle that great and the dealer disclosed that it left about a 4 inch spot of oil on the floor each month. He said it was the cam seals and he gave me the new seals. When I got it home I washed the engine off and put a bottle of carb cleaner in the tank. After running a tankful of premium through it the idle smoothed right out and the oil leak went away. I think the seals had just dried out from sitting and the car just needed to be run. I left for work for 3 weeks and when I got home there was not a drop of any fluid on the garage floor and when I pulled the cover off the car fired right up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pete - that's great to hear that you were able to remedy the small oil leak with an easy fix. You're right, these cars love to be taken out of the "stable" often and ridden good!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Pete!

Hey! It's great to see you here. I think there's some other very knowledgeable folks here. Thanks very much for the great e-mail. I'm going to burn that information onto a CD tomorrow. Good stuff...

Forza,

Dane

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tifosi,
Thanks, I'm sure I will be needing assistance from time to time as I learn the breed. Whereabouts is Pearl River, LA? I have a timeshare in New Orleans that I visit every Halloween week.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
:D

You & me are about the same as owners of THE true car. I received mine on 5-15, 2002. Are they not a joy? What pleasure to drive. Even to the store, mine is a delite.

:green: :D :lol:

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's 5 miles north of Slidell. It's on the northshore. let me know when you get in, we can all get together. See how many Ferrari's we can show you kinda thing.
Let me know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts