Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all Ferrari Life Members,

My name is Joe and I have been a Ferrari fan since I was in diapers 28 years ago. Unfortunately I am not an owner. I missed my chance to pick up a reasonably price Dino many 7 years ago. Hopefully my time will come again. But in the meantime, my wife and I are BMW folk. We currently have 5 and a Jeep.

Anyhow, I am here to meet Hawaii residents as we are new to the island. I cannot lend technical support just yet as I don't have the knowledge of most. On the other hand, I am hoping to gain employment with Ferrari in Honolulu. So we shall see.

Look forward to interacting with all of you.

-Joe

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
well, nice meeting you. I lived in HI for a few years and have been there over 3 dozen times. Have family that was living on Oahu, but now on Maui

Do know of a few owners there, that car their Ferraris about, so hopefully we'll hear from them...but ya' know, islands and all. Can post some places they meet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grazie Granucci and Boxer.

I just added a EuroSunday post in the event section. I'd rather they be interested in attending as opposed to me hunting them down and desperatley ask them to attend. On the other hand, when the Ferrari's come, some comes everyone and everything else.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Aia i hea ka lua?

Seriously, welcome to the Ferrari Life!

Interestingly enough, 99% of us here don't own Ferrari's either.

We are just temporal caretakers of these fine automobiles for the next generation - people just like you!

I submit to you that perhaps the remaining 1% are true owners and plan to take their cares with them and be buried in them. :thumbsup:

Have fun my friend.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Welcome...welcome! This is the fun Ferrari website with great FL Quarterlies! Owning a Ferrari isn't as important as having a love for the marque.:steeringwheel:

One thing that I noticed about Oahu is how big it is, and how much driving fun you can have there.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ciao & Welcome to FL

Joe welcome, where are you located ? would it happen to be Oahu ? lol Just booked my ticket, be there on March 2. So what is your address and do you have a spare bedroom :D

JK don't worry staying at the Royal Hawaiian ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One thing that I noticed about Oahu is how big it is, and how much driving fun you can have there.
You're being sarcastic right? I don't think I've ever seen worse roads in all of my travels. I'm scared to drive my car here. And traffic is worse than LA. It is ridiculous.

Joe welcome, where are you located ? would it happen to be Oahu ? lol Just booked my ticket, be there on March 2. So what is your address and do you have a spare bedroom :D

JK don't worry staying at the Royal Hawaiian ;)
How long will you be staying? You're coming a little too early for the Autoshow and EuroSunday. Unless you plan on staying for a month. But you may be here for the Cars and Coffee event that is held the 2nd Saturday at Pier 38. But's it's lame IMO.

·
Administrator
15,156 Posts
Grazie Granucci and Boxer.

I just added a EuroSunday post in the event section. I'd rather they be interested in attending as opposed to me hunting them down and desperatley ask them to attend. On the other hand, when the Ferrari's come, some comes everyone and everything else.
Unfortunately I have a bit of a location challenge...................

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
But in the meantime, my wife and I are BMW folk. We currently have 5 and a Jeep.

-Joe
Welcome to the Life! I suggest you sell 4 of those german cars and use the proceeds to buy that ferrari. Trust me, once you own and drive an fcar, the german cars will soon become distant memories.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
How long will you be staying? You're coming a little too early for the Autoshow and EuroSunday. Unless you plan on staying for a month. But you may be here for the Cars and Coffee event that is held the 2nd Saturday at Pier 38. But's it's lame IMO.
Just one week for fun in the sun, tell me more about the cars and coffee ? what kind of cars ? If you are in Waikiki come by for a visit :).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unfortunately I have a bit of a location challenge...................
If you want, get in touch with our admin and get a UK chapter going. We are always expanding. We ar somewhat international......Toronto....

Welcome to the Life! I suggest you sell 4 of those german cars and use the proceeds to buy that ferrari. Trust me, once you own and drive an fcar, the german cars will soon become distant memories.
I enjoy older BMW's so if I sold them all together, the best I might be able to do is a Mondial. My dad had one, I wasn't impressed. The least i'd settle for is a 355 F1 or newer. Or even a classic. But not a big fan of 308/328/Mondial etc..

Just one week for fun in the sun, tell me more about the cars and coffee ? what kind of cars ? If you are in Waikiki come by for a visit :).
Google Cars and Coffee Honolulu. All their meet info is there. You might be disappointed though. At times there are many nice cars, at other times, there are just run of the mill cars. Never can tell what the turnout will be like.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I enjoy older BMW's so if I sold them all together, the best I might be able to do is a Mondial. My dad had one, I wasn't impressed. The least i'd settle for is a 355 F1 or newer. Or even a classic. But not a big fan of 308/328/Mondial etc..
You didn't say they were classic beamers, that's a different story! I understand the need to acquire the fcar that you want, not just to have one. I had people telling me I was crazy to buy a TR and that I should buy one of the cars you mentioned. I said no thank you, I know what I want and I got it. I have never settled in my life on anything and not about to start either. But like I said, I got the Fcar and now my german cars are just that, cars. Knowledge is a horrible thing to obtain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would never complain a TR. And if people you know are telling you that a TR is a bad choice, you need new friends. That is such an awesome machine.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
LoL
Any Ferrari is a blessing
I also drive a BMW. good cars just very different experience

and the TR is akin to driving Detroit muscle car with attitude

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
So Joe I switched to the Outrigger on Waikiki if you are around ask for Mr Giannini room #, I am there Mar 2 to 8th would be nice to meet a fellow FL member, albeit you are newb to the site. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LoL
Any Ferrari is a blessing
I also drive a BMW.
Agreed. Can't wait until I am fortunate enough to purchase one. What bimmer are you driving?

So Joe I switched to the Outrigger on Waikiki if you are around ask for Mr Giannini room #, I am there Mar 2 to 8th would be nice to meet a fellow FL member, albeit you are newb to the site. :p
I may very well look you up. Va bene pizzano.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts