Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Im a long time browser of the site and a long time ferrari fan. Im only 15 but I have big ambitions of become a dentist and/or dental surgeon. Im actually in the process of saving to buy myself an 1986-1988 corvette. Corvettes are my favourite cars, mostly because of the bang for the buck they provide.

My mom is actually currently in the market for a new car. She's considering a new '03 mustang mach 1 or a used vette. However I then dicovered the 308 8) For about $40K-$45K Canadian there could be one in my garage. Im curious what is everyones opinion about the 308's are they worth the money, are they hard to drive? What is the excitment factor of driving these cars?

Thanks

Jordan

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I don't know about a 308 but I owned a 328GTS before and I love that car. It has enough power and a low maintainance car. Since the 308 is a predecessor of the 328, I can only assume that it is just as good.

Driving a Ferrari just sets you apart from the crowd. People look at you and the kids just gawk at you. It's the kind of attention that you cannot get with any other car, except maybe a Lamborghini.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome - A buddy of mine bought a 1994 Vette for 17.5K - He's never been happier. The car is a beast!

I am trying to get a 328 GTS now - 1987. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hi Jordan (from a fellow Canadian!)

I own a 308 GT4, which is the car that came before the GTB/S and it is a 2+2 Coupe designed by Bertone. It is even less expensive! I bought mine for under $30K Cdn!!! But there is a catch...

...For the price, I got a car that had nice cosmetics, but mysterious mechanics. Turned out I needed some major engine rebuilding and fortunately, I was able to do all the work myself, but it still cost me into the thousands of $. If you need a shop to do something like this, don't be surprised to get a bill into the five-figures. I'm not joking either.

But, I now have a car that is very reliable and in fact, I haven't had to touch it this year, I've been driving it all this time and put on several thousand miles.

The key in your search for a Ferrari is to find one WITH ALL MECHANICAL WORK DONE, BY A COMPETENT SHOP/MECHANIC, UP-TO-DATE AND DONE JUST PRIOR TO PURCHASE.

Forget the Corvette, buy the Ferrari. You'll never regret it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forget the Corvette, buy the Ferrari. You'll never regret it.
Hahaha! Id buy one tommorrow if I could :green:

Thanks for all the replys! This isn't going to happen untill next spring anyhow, but hopefully this winter I can find a nice one in my searches 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts