Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to the forum and I plan to purchase a F355 at the end of this summer. I was wondering if anyone had information on production numbers broke down by year, transmission and color combination. I would like to purchase a nice 1998 or 1999 Black on Black, 6-speed, F355 Berlinetta and I'm trying to get an idea on how long my search will be.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
473 Posts
Assuming you are in the USA...

Black on Black 355' are very popular, you should be able to find one fast so I would not worry too much about researching the S/Ns before looking. Check out the Ferrari Network www.ferrariusa.com (Although its a bit light on cars at the moment) also another good source is www.DupontRegistry.com.

Personally I would recommend you get a stick shift rather then the optional F1. These earliest examples of the F1 gearbox were not the best implementation, and you might be disapointed (Recommed you drive both types of transmission to confirm)

Good luck in your search

Dermot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dermot,

Yes, I live in St. Louis. I plan on going through Motorcars International to purchase the car. I have heard nothing but good things about this company and I am willing to pay extra for a near perfect car with the color combination that I want. I have been searching high and low via ebay, dupont registry, auto trader, and a few other sources and I have only found one 98/99 black on black F355 Berlinetta for sale and it had the dreaded F1 transmission. Even if this transmission worked perfect, I think paddle shifting takes away from the sports car experience all together anyway. Just my two cents as I know others would disagree. If black on black cars are abundant the owners do not seem to be selling but if the car is as good as I have heard I can not really blame them for hanging on to their cars. This will represent my first ever Ferrari purchase so I want to ensure that it is the right one for me.

Thanks again for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts