Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lover affair with Ferrari started when I was a boy when my uncle came by the house with his '78 308. Boy, I thought it was really cool. (which is painfully ironic because I now refer to that era as Ferraris "dark times" or "the wedge years") :green:
I am 27, live in LA and work for a TV show and I hope to make enough money to someday own a 250SWB or maybe even a GTO. If all else fails I will fall back on a F550 Barchetta. 8)
My grandfather was a founding member of many SCCA races back east including Elkhart lake (if I am not mistaken) and for awhile was in the top 5 driving such cars as Jag XK's, Nash Healys and MG TC's. I learned to drive a stick when I was 12 on his 1936 Triumph Gloria. :p
I am also a photographer and Love to shoot Ferraris. I attend the Historical races at Laguna Seca every year since about 1991.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome!!!

We share a common goal ... to one day own a 250 SWB. They are, IMHO, the most beautiful and functional ferraris to hit the pavement! I like your taste ... if all else fails you can always go home in the barchetta!

Welcome and do share some SWB pics if you're willing the one you posted is very elegant, they even look stunning in B & W.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome and do share some SWB pics if you're willing the one you posted is very elegant, they even look stunning in B & W.
Thank you. I recently got all my camera equipment stolen so I am trying to get used to a new camera.
Once I get my scanning issues taken care of, I will most certainly post a few more.....I have one of a GTO that I stare at all the time..... :eek: <--- like that.
I almost exclusively shoot in B&W.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome man! :)

That is a very cool picture! :eek: 8)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

Funny, my first experience was the same as yours, my uncle came to my house with his 308 as well ! I will never forget it :D

That is a beautiful picture, I hope we get a chance to see more, not many people take B&W pictures anymore unless its for a wedding.

Nice to have you aboard ! 8)

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to post a few of your photos in the photo contest, we are in need of a few more contestants.
Oh dont worry, I have one of a GTO that will stomp what you guys have already... 8)

Do you really love Pasta that much?
Its not that I love pasta, I love Tuscany, I love Ducati, I love Lancia, I love Florence, I love Italiant art, and I love Italian style. They have life figured out over there..... it really made an impression on me when I spent time over there!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Black and White is the way to go without question. Its far more dramatic in my opinion ... how else would you depic a ferrari?! (except in red of course)

I see in your profile you've included your Les Paul Custom :eek: My name is FunkyJunc not because Im a funky fellow, per se, but I love to play funky music (jazz etc)! I play the drums but certainly appreciate a wonderful instrument.

Welcome again to the forum and cant wait to see some more pics!

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You mean Stacey? 8) Yea, she is a looker....

...and let us not forget my 1983 Les Paul Std....

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wait.... I'm going to scan some of my 250GTO shots this weekend.....Im going to try to find a decend scanner..... :lol:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
eatpasta, since you have to scan your photo's, I assume you shoot film. Do you have your own dark room? Not only the compositions are nice, the colors (the deepness, no idea what the englisch word is) and warmth of the picture is nice. I don't think you will get that quality at a normal development store.Correct me if I'm wrong :p

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
eatpasta, since you have to scan your photo's, I assume you shoot film. Do you have your own dark room? Not only the compositions are nice, the colors (the deepness, no idea what the englisch word is) and warmth of the picture is nice. I don't think you will get that quality at a normal development store.Correct me if I'm wrong
Nonono, you are right on the money with that. The amount of control you have in the darkroom is amazing but I have never had the education. I am a totally amature photographer. I get all my processing done at Longs which is a drug store here in the US. Where people buy shampoo and bubblegum. Their processing is amazingly good. They offer to give you a CD but they are not that good...
Analog forever!!! Digital can die.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
eatpasta said:
Analog forever!!! Digital can die.
well, I didn't say that :p I shoot digital, and although I'm not a pro I think I sometimes make some nice photos. With a good digital camera you can make nice photos, aspecially with some knowledge of photoshop. Both media have their pros and cons. I like shooting digital because I do not print most of my photos, but this way I can store them on my HD, and I take a lot of photos just for reference so it would be a waste of film to shoot 100 snapshots.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I wish I knew how to take pictures that good

I like digital cameras because they are easy to use, and it´s easier to share in the internet

but it´s very nice to see such great pictures taken by someone who knows a little better how to use a camera

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wish I knew how to take pictures that good

I like digital cameras because they are easy to use, and it´s easier to share in the internet

but it´s very nice to see such great pictures taken by someone who knows a little better how to use a camera
It really is not that hard at all..... the camera I use is a Nikon N80 and much easier to use than most digitals with infinitely more quality.
you can take pictures just as well with a $40 Pentax ME off of ebay or my favorite old SLR, the Minolta X700 (maybe $90 on ebay). Its all practice! Just go boy one and practice! The only reason for people to be on this forum is to express their love for QUALITY. Why sacrafice quality when capturing the images of our lives? If you dont have a 35mm SLR, go get one!
I took this with my N80..... do you like it?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts