Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice, I am taking delivery of a 360 Modena (6 speed)in a few days and being my first Ferrari I would like any and all advice. I have had an Acura NSX for 5 years and hate parting with it however it always has been considered a poor man's Ferrari, the NSX however has been maintenence free other than little things and I put 50,000 miles on it. My concerns on the 360 or any Ferrari are this: I do not believe in putting a car of this magnitude and driving it once a week, you're not doing justice to the car or yourself but the service costs, depreciation, seem like they warrant it, please tell me I'm wrong! The car has had the belt service done with only 10 miles on it since, I'm not really worried about the depreciation but more so the service costs involved. I would appreciate any advice, experiences, knowledge, etc. How often and what are the costs of oil changes, and things like that.
Thanks,
Denver

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Drive it and have fun. Ferraris are built to be driven. Just make sure you keep it serviced as per schedule. Compared to depreciation, the service costs are fairly minor.

In terms of the service schedule, it will be in the back of the owners manual. You can find copies here in the Members section.

Service costs for the 360 in the UK are roughly US $ 1000-1200 for a annual and US $ 1600-$ 1800 for the large with cambelt change.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why are Ferrari's so much cheaper in Europe compared to the states? What's the cost to convert to US specs and can you? I've seen some advertised in London and the prices were unbelievable compared to US models.
Thanks,
Denver

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Denver, I am not sure that they are that much cheaper. The Euro has been trading at $1.20-$1.30 to Euro 1 and the $ is at 1.75 to the GBP. In terms of conversion costs and difficulty, suggest you contact:

AUTOSPORT DESIGNS
203 WEST HILLS RD, HUNTINGTON STATION, NY 11746
[email protected]
631-425-1555
631-425-6185

as I believe they have some experience with Ferraris.

I would also call

Dick Merritt at the DOT
202 366-5300

He is extremely helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts