Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchase an 85 euro spec 308 GTSI, I can'y wait until Monday to pick it up. Chompping at the bit!!
I'd attach a picture if I could figure out how.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
First congratulations on your purchase, second, when you are posting a message there is a attachment button, hit it and then wait a little, the same page with your message opens again, but now with a browse button. Browse to the pic and hit attach. wait a little more untill the page has loaded again and then hit post message. That should work

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dr. Bob,
unfortunately my pics. are in bmap and not jpegs, the system won't a :( llow an upload.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mchferrari,

Exactly 2 weeks, the car is fairly local and owned by an architect. He kept it in amazing condition, no expenses spared. All service is up to dat and all the records are available. He even showed me an invoice of a header + exhaust that he had shipped over direct from Ferrari, it was almost 10k if I remember correctly. Anyways I can't wait to get it home to start messing with it. Firstly I will need new tires. we negotiated them back out of the price, we both agreed that tires are a personal preferance. He was going to have them replaced before I picked it up!!

I'm looking forward to the world of Ferraris..........as mentioned in an earliar post if had Porsches for the last 20 years or so. This should be an interesting change of pace.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
chas,

Congrats on the car! It is beautiful. I hope you enjoy it. Welcome to the site, I'm looking forward to hearing more about your adventures behind the wheel. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you with this first ownership.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you to all of you for your kind words. I will keep you posted as to my trials and tribulations of initial ferrari ownership. :eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rossa,

the previous owner had the front seats covered with seat covers for it's complete life, they do look brand new, not even any scuffing on the bolsters.......the interior and dash are perfect.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I picked the car up yesterday and drove it home (about 30 miles) I must say that it was the most enjoyable drive in my life. The sound of this car is amazing!! I got home and put about 4 coats of Zaino on and it looked awesome. I then moved to the interior and treated all of the leather and cleaned the carpets. It's unbeleiavable that a 20 year old car can look so good. The new Pirellis will be here on Wednesday for an install and balance.

I'm grinning from ear to ear. :D

I need to find the cigarette lighter knob, mine is missing. I don't smoke but woul;d rather fill the hole...............any ideas where to find one.

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi 308CHAS, Congratulations with your Really Awesome looking car. You are very lucky to find a car in this kind of condition, I'm sure you will enjoy it very much. Regards ROB308.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts