Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on Januari 23 I was in Maranello and near the factory I encountered a white F430 which appeared to be far from normal. Equipped with securing pins on the bonnet and a cover-up black bumper, plexiglass sliding windows and a total new place for the (two) exhaust pipes, it might be the competition version of the F430. Does anyone know if a 'Challenge Stradale' F430 already officially exists?

rgds, Fokkerjockey

Attachments

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Looks awesome...even in white. 8)

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indeed would they test this new beast on a proper track instead of the public roads, but my guess is that this one returned to the factory (at the end of the street) after a thorough testing session at the Pista di Fiorano circuit a few blocks away. I think all of the cars that they test travel a small distance to the track on the streets of Maranello with the exception of the Formula1 cars: they have their own entrance 8) !

·
Registered
509 Posts
Well I dont think thats a CS version, but I wouldnt doubt that its in the works. The pipes were moved out of the bumper becuase the Challenge drivers were complaining about getting into 'fender benders' that cost a fortune because the exhaust gets damaged when the bumper gets nicked.

The gas tank thingy is also not a convensional gas lid. Its the quick fill challenge version.

Either way Id love to see a CS.

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
on Januari 23 I was in Maranello and near the factory I encountered a white F430 which appeared to be far from normal. Equipped with securing pins on the bonnet and a cover-up black bumper, plexiglass sliding windows and a total new place for the (two) exhaust pipes, it might be the competition version of the F430. Does anyone know if a 'Challenge Stradale' F430 already officially exists?

rgds, Fokkerjockey
The car in the picture is defintiely a normal 430 Challenge. The 430 Scuderia has a different rear treatment. Having been on a track with both a 430 Challenge and a 430 Scuderia, they are both incredibly impressive machines. IMHO, the 430 Scuderia is closer in terms of performance to the 430 Challenge than the 360 Stradale is to the 360 Challenge.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Pulling up old posts again, are you that bored?

On another note, I really enjoy how you bring these discussions back to life after having some hindsight to look at. :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts