Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching for more than one year, I finally took the plunge and bought a 1999 F355 Berlinetta. I am very excited, and anxiously awaiting the date later this month when I am going to pick her up and take her home (this is my first Ferrari, and being Italian, I have fantasized about this moment all my life).
I am sure I'll be back on this forum asking questions about the car once I come down from this cloud........ hope you'll put up with me.
Fab

·
Registered
308 Posts
Congrats Lazio1952....I still think the F355 is the ABSOLUTE BEST SOUNDING FERRARI V-8 EVER !! You'd better post some pics of the car for us. And tell us more details please.....Thank You!!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
lazio1952 said:
After searching for more than one year, I finally took the plunge and bought a 1999 F355 Berlinetta. I am very excited, and anxiously awaiting the date later this month when I am going to pick her up and take her home (this is my first Ferrari, and being Italian, I have fantasized about this moment all my life).
I am sure I'll be back on this forum asking questions about the car once I come down from this cloud........ hope you'll put up with me.
Fab
Congratulations. A F355 is a great entry into the world of Ferrari ownership. It is a wonderful drivers car. Great acceleration and it corners on rails. One of my favorites.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is Rosso corsa with tan interior. I will try to post pictures as soon as I take it home. Thanks for the congratulations, it is indeed an undescrivable feeling of anticipation.
Fab

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Very Nice

Wonderful setting & she's a beauty (Masserati too). Got to rev at 4000rpm or more to fully enjoy that F355 sound. Is that a manual drive car ? Personally I owned a manual GTB and the car was trouble free and was a wonderful driver's car to enjoy. Excellent selection. Congratulations. Jimmy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is rosso corsa, altough in the picture it looks like the darker "rosso barchetta", probably because the picture was taken at dusk.
Also it is a manual 6 speed transmission.....it seems a little hard to get into 3rd gear, is it normal for this cars?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
lazio1952 said:
It is rosso corsa, altough in the picture it looks like the darker "rosso barchetta", probably because the picture was taken at dusk.
Also it is a manual 6 speed transmission.....it seems a little hard to get into 3rd gear, is it normal for this cars?
Rossa corsa does look great on a F355.

On th transmission, it should be difficult to engage 2nd gear until the gear box is warmed up. 3rd should not be a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
lazio1952 said:
Congrats on your purchase, the rosso corsa looks great!
2nd gear will be tight out of the gate until the it gets to temp but not 3rd. you should get it looked at.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Grazie....and you are correct, I am from Rome. The Ferrari is proving to be more fun than I ever expected...........almost 3,000 miles in 4 months!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts