Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jean Todt says the new F1 (it's called the 655, they keep changing the logics of it) will be revolutionary. Aspecially the nose will suprise F1 fans he said.

Can't wait to see it :D

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I don't think that will be the "final" name. Luca de Montezemolo is the one, by trdition that anoounces the name of a new Ferrari. And this is always kept secret until the day of the unveiling.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
name will probably be F2004

and yes Todt said that especially after the unveilling of the Williams
and after recent testing of the radically new Renault, wich hasn't been ,officially, unveiled

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, we already know it won't be called 655, as it is a projectname, sharp on that one Stradale ;)

Next: Do you guys remember that one of the top-designers of Ferrari went to Williams? That Williams now has a butt-ugly nose? That Ferrari says their nose will be revolutiuonary? I think Williams has almost the same nose as we will see on the the new Ferrari monday...

We will see...

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Renault might make such a nose also, after williams showed it, they just said, hey we are going to test it in the windtunnel and if the results are good then we will make on like that also

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dr. Bob said:
Well, we already know it won't be called 655, as it is a projectname, sharp on that one Stradale ;)

Next: Do you guys remember that one of the top-designers of Ferrari went to Williams? That Williams now has a butt-ugly nose? That Ferrari says their nose will be revolutiuonary? I think Williams has almost the same nose as we will see on the the new Ferrari monday...

We will see...
Antonia Terzi, formerly an aerodynamicyst at Ferrari defected to Williams for the 2002 season I believe.

Nick Tombazis(sp?) has also departed from the team and I believe is going to join McLaren.

About a day and a half remain until the launch.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Antonia Terzi, formerly an aerodynamicyst at Ferrari defected to Williams for the 2002 season I believe.
Believe it or not, she a lady. And very talented at that. She started to work at Williams in March 2003 and look at what happened to the Williams after she had her hand in improving it. Now she the head of aerodynamics at Williams.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Stradale said:
Believe it or not, she a lady. And very talented at that. She started to work at Williams in March 2003 and look at what happened to the Williams after she had her hand in improving it. Now she the head of aerodynamics at Williams.
Yep. I had an assignemt to find out about a scientist of some sort last semester and did a little on her.

Only a few hours until the new F1 launch!!! :D

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
FerRory said:
I don't see any different at the nose.
I thought Todt sayed something about a special nose.
Ross has said the front wing will change. The'll test in February with the new nose. Not only that, they will also be evaluating the use of 'turning vanes' rather than 'barge boards' ala Williams. That should be interesting.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Stradale said:
FerRory said:
I don't see any different at the nose.
I thought Todt sayed something about a special nose.
Ross has said the front wing will change. The'll test in February with the new nose. Not only that, they will also be evaluating the use of 'turning vanes' rather than 'barge boards' ala Williams. That should be interesting.
Ah, figured those would be post-launch endeavours.

Looks quite a bit like the GA, I guess as they said, an evolution of the car. Also I'm not really liking the new, large engine cover. It just doesn't look as sleek and nice as the old ones. But I gues when you have to deal with new regs, you have to do waht you have to do...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Did you know that Ferrari F1 car's have 1,300+ lbs. of down force-which could theoretically enable an F1 car to be driven upside down at about 125 MPH? That makes F1 more interesting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
F1 is interesting to me since it is a technologically superior racecar (lets not talk about NASCAR :evil: )

It think it was during the American Grand Prix where Ferrari was all steamed over BAR's new rear wing. Apparently BAR has developed a wing that will flex differently and at the appropriate speeds to change the downforce as the car speeds up and slows down.

To me that is crazy and illustrates how much effort is placed into the cars. Also most teams (Ferrari inlcuded) have the engineers that build the cars in the pits working on them (during the race). Unlike other race series where there is a seperate team of people that work on the cars raceday.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I hat Nascar and that is all that is on Speed channel anymore. I want some F1 action. :green:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts