Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I'm just wondering how many of you out here on the forum live in New England? It would be very cool if we could get a group of us together this summer for a few outings, even if it's just a group of us taking our cars out for a drive. I think it would be fun. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Marc

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Hi Marc,
Of course you knew I'd chime in. I've got another 328 owner near me (actually he's my dentist) who I keep in touch with (but he doesn't surf the internet much) and another 308 owner in Portland who I email back and forth with but we've never actually met.

Where about in Mass are you? East near Boston or west near Vermont? How long does it take you to get to the bridge into Maine? It takes me an hour to get to the bridge.

I'd love to have a get together. Steve (Enjoythemusic) puts on some good ones in New Hampshire but it seems like he always has them while I'm at work (I work 3 weeks on-3weeks off).

My in-laws have a place with a big field right on the Saco River (about 15 minutes from the New Hampshire border). Maybe I'll pick a day this summer when I'm home and invite all the F-car guys over for an afternoon cookout. Be nice to have a half dozen or so Ferraris in the field for a photo shoot by the river. Have a few hotdogs and hamburgers with a cooler full of ice-cold coca-cola then parade down Old Orchard Beach to give the tourists something to gawk at. Sound good?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Pete,
That sounds really good. I'm 15 minutes north of Boston. Saugus is on the Peobody/Revere line. It would probably take a couple hours to get up to you but that's okay. It'll be a fun drive.

Thanks,
Marc

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Actually you're closer than that. It takes me about 2h15m to get to Boston. So the Saco thing might be cool. Roughly halfway. Probably about the same for Steve (little over an hour). The other guys I know are closer. I'll have to see what we've got down there as far as picnic tables and lawn chairs. (stuff that is inconvenient to bring in a Ferrari). I keep my sailboat down there also so we could give a few rides on that.

Sometime in August would be probably be good for me. I'll see what I can come up with.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Pete04222 said:
Hi Marc,

My in-laws have a place with a big field right on the Saco River (about 15 minutes from the New Hampshire border). Maybe I'll pick a day this summer when I'm home and invite all the F-car guys over for an afternoon cookout. Be nice to have a half dozen or so Ferraris in the field for a photo shoot by the river. Have a few hotdogs and hamburgers with a cooler full of ice-cold coca-cola then parade down Old Orchard Beach to give the tourists something to gawk at. Sound good?
damnit Pete
that even sounds good to me
in august i'll be at least in the correct country then :D

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Boxer said:
Pete, Let me know the date as I will probably be in Connecticut for a couple of days in late August.
It will have to be sometime in the later half of August to fit my schedule, I don't get home that month until the 16th. It would be great if it falls together where you could show up. (I guess we could forgive you if you come in a rented Taurus instead of an F-car.) Connecticut to Saco is about a 3.5 hr drive so if we do it on a Saturday I could have you stay over at my house so you wouldn't have to drive back the same day.

You were saying how you missed sailing along the coast of Maine. We might be able to hook you up.

Give me a few weeks to see where I'm at and then I'll try and pin a date down and put something together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts