Ferrari Life Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
I just do not like the looks of the Cayman. Would rather have a Boxster S, even if it is down on hp by 10 or so. Moot point anyway, since I only have a 2 car garage.

When I had the 987 Boxster, I had to keep her outside and that was not going to work, so I sold her.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I'll be the counterpoint here... I think I'd take a Cayman over a Boxster. I just like the rear lines more for some reason, especially the rear 3/4 view.

This little Alfa/Maserati Dino is moving into a tough segment to win in, which has been shrinking since at least 2008. I'm not sure an Italian entry is going to revitalize it, and it's going up against pretty tough competition between the Boxster/Cayman, Z4 and SLK.

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
Sign me up. Too bad I cannot afford one.

·
Registered
655 Posts
That's a very old render (from around the time of the California launch in 2009 I think). Autocar magazine reported on their live feed from Geneva yesterday that they quizzed Sergio Marchionne about the new Dino but he told them it is still on the table but no design work has even started on it as yet.

·
Premium Member
11,886 Posts
Not sure about that. We would only get 3 cylinders each.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I just do not like the looks of the Cayman. ...
They've got this new model Cayman GT4 but it is seriously embedded in controversy. They took a 911 S engine, the 911 GT3 suspension + brakes and put it in the mid-engine Cayman platform. Then decided to sell it only with a manual trans, limited it to 2400 worldwide and priced it at half of the 991 GT3 .

Attachments

·
Registered
655 Posts
My GT4 arrived on Thursday. I ordered it in a paint to sample colour called Lichtgrün which is a few shades brighter than my Verde Germoglio 246.

Attachments

21 - 35 of 35 Posts