Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:roll: Hi Guys, how can I tell if my clutch is o.k. I know that the gear shiffting is a little hard sometimes ,, especilly if Im doing hi revs, I tried putting a littli 3 in 1 oil down around the bottom of the shifter, That worked a little bit better, But sometimes I have a hard time going into 4th or going into 3rd ,Thaks for the imput,Mick GO SCHUMMY... :nuts: :oops:

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Mick

do you still have that problem when everyhting is warmed up???
i know that with the car from work when i just start it and drive it that it sometimes shifts a bit difficult because it's cold and when i'm driving for a few min. then everything goes smoothly

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Until my transmission is warmed up, second and third are like a truck transmission. After it is warm, third is OK but second just does not like to be used. Oh, well.

:cry:

·
Registered
770 Posts
Bart said:
Until my transmission is warmed up, second and third are like a truck transmission. After it is warm, third is OK but second just does not like to be used. Oh, well.

:cry:
Hang on Bart - a minute ago it was "The finest car made during the twentieth century"

What happened?

:wink:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
clutch

:nuts: Hi Guys, when you say warmed up ,, will the trans mission oil be warmed at the same time that the oil reaches the correct tempreture, Next weekend Ill pay more attension to the time process , thankyou Mick. :eek:ha: :eek:ha: :eek:ha:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem solved

:roll: Hi guys , My mechnic said feels like my syncroes are worn,, He suggested putting in synthic oil to the gear box, Some customers reported no driffrence , while some reported a huge driffrence, I AM one of the lucky ones that it made a 100 time better feeling in shifting.. The best by far $118.00 Ive spent on my Mondial,. Thought Id share this with you ,Mick :eek:ha:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
My tranny doesn't go into 2nd well when cold. I usually just go from 1st to 3rd until the tranny is warmed up. I've heard this is extremely common on 308s and synthetic oil helps. I ordered some Redline 75/90 synthetic gear oil and am going to change it sometime in the next few weeks. I'll let you know how I make out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts