Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends, it is my pleasure to tell you that I just achieved one of my dreams. Not quite a Ferrari yet, but still very fast material hehehe I know motorcycles are far from being a unanimity in this forum, but I'm sure you fine gentlemen will share this moment of great joy with me and admire this fine piece of engineering.

With a lot of help from the internet, including some wise advices from fellow FL friends, I decided to pull the trigger and buy this beautiful '07 Honda CBR600RR.

I got the bike on Thursday, January 22, in a city close to Rio de Janeiro, and drove it home for 1350 km, "a la Boxer" hehehehe a great journey including twisty small roads and long straights that gave me the opportunity to bond with this incredible machine. Not the best thing that we are in the rainy season here in Brazil, so I was caught by about 10 showers, but survived unharmed. The bike had only 4600 km on it when I got it, now it is close to 7000 km already (almost 2500 km in a week!!!!).

So here are the specs: 600 cc, 120 hp, 0-60 mph faster than I can drive it (around 3 seconds if you put a good driver to do it), top speed is about 280 km/h (so far I "only" took it to 200 km/h), incredible fuel average of 19 km/l on the road and 15 km/l in the city.

It came with some accessories like Two Brothers exhaust pipe, xenon lights, integrated indicators, integrated rear light, small license plate support, reflective sticker on the wheels, Puig windshield and sliders to protect the side of the bike on small crashes.

Enough talk, here are the pictures!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Congratulations! Very nice looking bike. You must be loving the gas mileage:) Your next purchase should be a Ferrari ;) Do motorcycles have the crazy tax in Brazil like cars do?

Chris

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Stile, I'll admit that I don't know the first thing about bikes, but that sure does look cool, very sporty, great colour combo too. Enjoy it.

I hope you wear a crash helmet. They are law in the UK but I know they aren't everywear. A good set of leathers is essential too - it is much harder wearing than cloth/denim or human skin:yikes:

It sounds very fast, so take care !!!!!:cyclist:

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Congrats, Stile !!! That is a serious machine you got there. Are those pipes modifications or that's the way they're made ? Nevertheless, one mean looking bike. Now all you need is a Batman mask to go with it, and maybe a mantle to accentuate the air flow. Just be careful tho. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
223 Posts
great bike and lovely way to pick up your bike.

From what I read you have a click with the bike and thats the only thing that matters when buying a new bike. Feeling comfortable on the bike.

Like the coulours maybe a good suggestion for a leather suit.

Again I wish you all the best, save miles and enjoyment.

PS: I know you are going to use it as a daily bike so make sure ride it save with good tires.

enjoy it :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, guys, I'm very proud of it! To answer your comments...

Congratulations! Very nice looking bike. You must be loving the gas mileage:) Your next purchase should be a Ferrari ;) Do motorcycles have the crazy tax in Brazil like cars do?

Chris
It will take waaaaaaay too much time to buy a Ferrari, I can't handle without a car for that long (actually, I can, the problem is my girl hehehehe), so I'm sorry to say that my next purchase will probably be a VW Polo.

And YES, incredibly high taxes. A bike just like mine costs here about US$ 22k if bought new, I paid US$ 16,5k for mine (2007 model with 4600km on it + accessories).

Boxer said:
Very nice acquisition. It looks seriously fast. Like the story on the drive home. That is the way to do it !
It absolutely IS the way to do it! I had a great guy with an incredible garage that taught me that ;) The acceleration reminds me of a certain pair of red cars, so just for this nice memory the bike would be a great purchase hehehehe

archiegibbs said:
Stile, I'll admit that I don't know the first thing about bikes, but that sure does look cool, very sporty, great colour combo too. Enjoy it.

I hope you wear a crash helmet. They are law in the UK but I know they aren't everywear. A good set of leathers is essential too - it is much harder wearing than cloth/denim or human skin

It sounds very fast, so take care !!!!!
Archie, we do have to wear a crash helmet here in Brazil as well. I also wear gloves with kevlar protection and a jacket that follows the European rule (a bit too warm for Brazil, but still very good protection). Safety always comes first, no matter how cool the bike is, what is really important is to be alive the next day.

Jimmy Chen Shiba DDS said:
Congrats, Stile !!! That is a serious machine you got there. Are those pipes modifications or that's the way they're made ? Nevertheless, one mean looking bike. Now all you need is a Batman mask to go with it, and maybe a mantle to accentuate the air flow. Just be careful tho. w/ smiles Jimmy
Jimmy, that is the Two Brothers exhaust that you see in the picture. The original exhaust is safely stored in my "other house". It would be hard to fit a Batman mask under the helmet, but I'll give it a try! hehehehe

rickadelic said:
great bike and lovely way to pick up your bike.

From what I read you have a click with the bike and thats the only thing that matters when buying a new bike. Feeling comfortable on the bike.

Like the coulours maybe a good suggestion for a leather suit.

Again I wish you all the best, save miles and enjoyment.

PS: I know you are going to use it as a daily bike so make sure ride it save with good tires.

enjoy it
Rick, my intention is to import a nice helmet and a nice leather suit from the USA, since here in Brazil both will cost over US$ 2k. I really like that suggestion, let's see if I can find it in some on-line store! Thanks for the tip! Any other suggestions about equipment (specially safety equipment) are very welcome!

I don't know what helmet to buy (Arai, Shoei, AGV?), any ideas? For the feet I think I'll go with a pair of Sidi boots (use Sidi shoes for cycling and always loved them!).

And once again, thanks for all the advice, you've been great!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice bikes them CBRs, i used to have one:thumbsup: I am into bikes my self, i have a few models. I have the following models and i ride them naked with only a helmet:yikes:.....:gringobanana:

MV Agusta F4,
Unristricted 2000 Hayabusa,
2007 Hayabusa,
2007 B-King:thumbsup:
Ferrrari scooter:grin2:
thanks, Chaz! your collection of bikes is impressive, perhaps you could share some pictures?

considering that you are about 3 times my size, I guess my bike would be a bit too small for you (as well as the Hayabusa is IMENSE for me hehehehe)

BTW, hope I never see you riding your bikes, the machines are nice but I'm just not a big fan of naked men hehehehehe

·
Registered
223 Posts
Rick, my intention is to import a nice helmet and a nice leather suit from the USA, since here in Brazil both will cost over US$ 2k. I really like that suggestion, let's see if I can find it in some on-line store! Thanks for the tip! Any other suggestions about equipment (specially safety equipment) are very welcome!

I don't know what helmet to buy (Arai, Shoei, AGV?), any ideas? For the feet I think I'll go with a pair of Sidi boots (use Sidi shoes for cycling and always loved them!).

And once again, thanks for all the advice, you've been great!
I got some white sidi boots I like them, I will take a picture of them then you can see for yourself.

for Leather suits there are two options 1. one piece suit 2. two piece suit (where you can take the jacket off)
I have had both and from mine point of view is that a two piece is better for small distances when you can take your top jacket off and have something to drink. A one piece which Icurrently have has a really nice fit and probally is better for longer distances and it looks good.

I like matching everything so I buy everything within the same colour as my bike. but thats a personal taste.

As for helmets you have to try them all. They all are different in size and fitment. Its important that a helmet just fits perfect so you really have to try them on. What you can do is try a particular brand and then go on the internet to buy one in the colour you like as long as its the same model.

As for the brand, just go for a familiar, well know brand. Its important so its worth a good investment.

Any extra could be a body protector under your suit for example.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Stile -- that's a badass bike!!! :bandana:

Nice introduction/presentation, and yes, a trip like that -- that's the only way to bring it home! :D Congrats, and enjoy!

Chaz -- nice machinery, too! :)

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Very nice bikes Chaz! You could be batman:thumbsup:

Chris

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rick, 2 piece suit is the way to go, specially considering how hot it is here in Brazil. You really can't stand with the jacket on if you're not taking some wind to cool you down! Please send me pictures and info about your Sidi boot! And BTW, I also like to match colors with the bike, so white and silver are my preference :D

Chaz, VERY COOL bikes! Like Rick's signature says, MV Agusta + Ferrari = perfect world. You have it all, my friend!! Incredible that you make the Hayabusa look small hehehehehe

Tony and t1f, thanks for the compliments! ;) It is a dream come true, indeed.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today me, my brother and my cousin went for a ride with our bikes.

300 km and a lot of fun! Now I'm approaching 3000 km with the new bike, in only 9 days of ownership! hehehehehehe NO GARAGE QUEENS ALLOWED!!!

Here's a picture of today, my brother is on the left with his Honda Shadow 600, I'm in the middle with the Honda CBR600RR and my cousin is on the right, he went with my brother's old bike, the red Suzuki GS500E.

The waterfall in the background is called "Salto do Corumbá", and is about 100 km away from Brasília, were we live.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Gee...the landscape in your pictures is always fantastic.:thumbsup: Again, very nice bike. You have the nicest of the bunch:)

Chris

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, Chris! I live in a very beautiful country and try to enjoy it the best way possible =)

Your country is also gorgeous, get on that car and DRIVE, my friend, there's nothing like the road ahead of you........

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Thanks, Chris! I live in a very beautiful country and try to enjoy it the best way possible =)

Your country is also gorgeous, get on that car and DRIVE, my friend, there's nothing like the road ahead of you........
That is very true. I plan to go on a road trip after I graduate.:)

Chris

1 - 20 of 56 Posts