Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am in the process of adding a 365 GTB/4 Daytona to my small stable. Having owned a 365 BB, and a 512 BB, thought it would be a great experience to finally own the last great front engine Ferrari prior to the move to the mid engine 12 cylinder GTs.

This particular Daytona is in great mechanical condition but does need some work on the body to get it into great condition. Hence it will be a bit of a project this winter with the goal of having it ready and presentable by Spring 09.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Congratulations Boxer!

I think the Daytona has been a long held ambition for you and it is truly tremendous that it should be fulfilled! :) Look forward to seeing it!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Congratulations Boxer!

I think the Daytona has been a long held ambition for you and it is truly tremendous that it should be fulfilled! :) Look forward to seeing it!

+1!

Will I get a ride in the Daytona as well? hehehehe

Good luck with the search/decision/buying process!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Congratulations Boxer! The car looks great, and it will be great to watch the progress of the beautiful car.

Chris

·
Registered
275 Posts
Great! Beautifull. Congratulations.

trust to see more pics of this winter project!
Good luck with it..projects sometimes have the 'ahh come on, while we're at it we might as well fix this, that and so..' problem.;)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Wonderful news Boxer! Congratulations. The Daytona makes any dream garage complete.

It looks lovely. Early European version 1969-1970 with group 4 front spoiler? A very handsome, gorgeous Ferrari.

I wish you well to drive this magnificent Ferrari.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Good luck with it..projects sometimes have the 'ahh come on, while we're at it we might as well fix this, that and so..' problem.;)
Funny you should mention that Louis355, the 308 has become a Winter project that I hope to be driving again come the Spring. The plan is to have it properly sorted for FLED'09. Roll on the Spring!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wonderful news Boxer! Congratulations. The Daytona makes any dream garage complete.

It looks lovely. Early European version 1969-1970 with group 4 front spoiler? A very handsome, gorgeous Ferrari.

I wish you well to drive this magnificent Ferrari.
Yes, it is a 1970 Euro version. First delivered in Switzerland. It currently is fitted with the Group 4 spoiler (which I am debating on having replaced).

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yes, it is a 1970 Euro version. First delivered in Switzerland. It currently is fitted with the Group 4 spoiler (which I am debating on having replaced).
It looks good in the picture with the spoiler. If you keep the spoiler (it gets my vote) I would suggest gold wheels ala the 512S and 312B F1 of the time. Does it have aircon? I understand that aircon was an option on Daytonas, but I have never seen a Daytona without aircon.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Funny you should mention that Louis355, the 308 has become a Winter project that I hope to be driving again come the Spring. The plan is to have it properly sorted for FLED'09. Roll on the spring!
Good luck with that! Happy to see the coming dark, cold and wet winter is spend well..

Hope to see the 308 in the spring then.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
A belated congrats, Boxer. A fine looking example indeed. If it's a 1970 model, mine should be a very close model which is a #13745. Although mine is an Euro model originally, the original engine had some kind of a problem and was factory replaced under warranty years later (in the 80s ?) and seems like the replacement was a late US model engine and has clocked only 7,500km since new (if the claims are true and the way the engine feels, that may be true afterall). Currently, the odometer is around 10,700km. Enjoy. w/smiles Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks good in the picture with the spoiler. If you keep the spoiler (it gets my vote) I would suggest gold wheels ala the 512S and 312B F1 of the time. Does it have aircon? I understand that aircon was an option on Daytonas, but I have never seen a Daytona without aircon.
It does have an air conditioner. Not sure it is working, not that they ever really did.

On the wheels, not sure I am ready for gold....

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Wow, Boxer, great stuff!

It was on the cards a while, of course, but it's great to hear you've pulled the trigger. Please keep us abreast of the restoration work - I love reading those stories and I also love learning from them.

Vitalone, you have such great taste in cars and then you suggest gold wheels? Oh dear! :) The gold wheels are great on the racers, so on a competition Daytona I would agree, but not on a road car. I think the Daytona is an understated brute with sheer class - no need to put the P-Diddy chains on!

Onno

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, Boxer, great stuff!

Vitalone, you have such great taste in cars and then you suggest gold wheels? Oh dear! :) The gold wheels are great on the racers, so on a competition Daytona I would agree, but not on a road car. I think the Daytona is an understated brute with sheer class - no need to put the P-Diddy chains on!

Onno
I guess the Challenge Stradale stripe is out then.....

·
Registered
439 Posts
Awesome news Boxer - many happy miles in her!!!

·
Registered
6,404 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Gold wheels are so period for the late 1960s to early 1970s. Imagine a black BB parked next to a blue Daytona parked next to a lime green Miura. All with gold wheels! I would not go as far as stripes though. Except perhaps for a GT40.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts