Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Gongrats man! Lovely color which might be Azzuro California but I am not sure! There shouldbe a color code sticker in the engine bay (or most probably on the inside of the engine lid). With the code it should be easy to identify the right color.

Niels

·
Registered
824 Posts
I originally wanted red, but absolutely fell in love with this color.
Can't argue with that! Very special color indeed. Love the interior color that comes with it. There are already enough red ones ;-)

Niels

PS: On your other questions I cannot comment, but for owners advise you might want to check. www.ferrarilist.com . Just search with Google on something like Ferrari owners or somthing like that and I am sure you will get a lot of hits.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Awesome car, welcome to the site. One of our regular members from Switzerland also has a car this color. Check out the garage. He has some awesome pictures in there. Hope to see more of yours when you pick her up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Enzo250GTO said:
Awesome car, welcome to the site. One of our regular members from Switzerland also has a car this color. Check out the garage. He has some awesome pictures in there. Hope to see more of yours when you pick her up.

Cool, would love to check out his pics - Can u point me to that thread?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Price on 355

I think that $85K for a car with that low of miles is a decent deal. After watching prices for months, I paid about 10K less for an older car with 20K miles and was due for it's first major service (which turned out to be a killer in cost).

I have a couple of links on another machine for floor mats and car covers and stuff that I will post when I get home.

What type of sites are you looking for? (info, forums or pictures).

I would recommend joing the Ferrari club and finding a local chapter.

-Michael

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome to the site, I'm quite a newbie here myself having collected my first Ferrari (348) last Friday. That blue is a lovely colour, its refereshing to see cars that aren't the "usual" rosso corsa red.

I originally wanted a blue 348 but settled on a red one after lots of searching.

Sorry I can't help with your questions, but enjoy the car and post some more pics when you have collected it please!

Justyn.

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
Slag_355 said:
Hi all-

I just purchased my first Ferrari yesterday & still a bit stressed / relieved from the whole deal. :D
Again congrats on the purchase.
1) I paid $85K for it - Is that good/bad or fair?
2) What are some good Ferrari internet sites?
This site of course :)
3) What is the regular maintenance schedule including oil changes?
You might check the tech section for this or ask this question there.
4) Does any one know what the official "Ferrari" color is of this car? It is a light blue & I am not sure what Ferrari calls this color.
5) Any advice for a complete novice, first time owner?
6) Where is a good place to get floor mats?? Dealer??

Thanks all in advance!
Where are you located? You could probably get the floor mats online. I'm sure you already know of ebay, I'm not sure who carries this but will research and build a nice links section for these kinds of questions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sleazy dealer sold my car after I gave him a 25K deposit on Sunday!! I have never been more demoralized, hurt, and disgruntled.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
What!?!?! You are kidding me! That is major B.S.!!!!!
With a 25k deposit!? Post the dealer's name so we will know who not to do business with!
I am truly sorry to hear it. But don't give up!

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Don't give up!! Take some time to cool off. This is the car you wanted. You want a Ferrari! OK So this guy screwed you. Like you said, lesson learned. Don't let a bad dealer mess up your love for a great car.

You are financially able to get this car. You have the money. The car will come. Give it another go. One more story to tell when people ask you how you managed to get a Ferrari. I spent 6 months looking for mine.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was in a similar position a few weeks ago .... I had agreed to pay £33,500 GBP for a 348 TS that was advertised at £34,000. We agreed and shook hands on this price, subject to me having the car inspected by an independent Ferrari expert.

After the car had been checked I contacted the vendor to arrange collection only to be told that he had sold it for £34,000 to someone else. I was furious, I had been screwed for the sake of £500 (about $800 USD).

Anyway, I then found the 348 Spider which I have now bought and I'm glad I was "robbed" of the TS. The Spider is much nicer than the TS and the whole saga has now become one of the stories I can tell about how I came to get my first Ferrari.

Things always seem to work out for the best, even though you are left feeling awful at the moment. Don't give up searching, the right car will turn up and you'll be even happier with it.

As for your shares ... well you have to sell sometime and who can predict what's going to happen tomorrow? I sold a load at $29 to pay for my car, they had risen from $25 two weeks earlier. Now they're $35 but never mind, they could have fallen to $15 instead!

Justyn.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
i'm sorry to hear that, you are complettelly correct you had the binding contract, didn't he give your check back to you?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dj Dirk said:
i'm sorry to hear that, you are complettelly correct you had the binding contract, didn't he give your check back to you?
He said he ripped it up, so I had to put a stop payment on it incurring yet more expense.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts