Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did it. I took the plunge and fulfilled a boyhood dream of owning a Ferrari.
I bought a 1 owner, 1994 348ts Serie Speciale (Red/Tan) and had it shipped from Miami to Kentucky. Needless to say, there aren't a lot of Ferrari's in Kentucky.
If anyone knows of a good mechanic in the greater Cincinnati area, I'd be forever gratful if you passed along that information.

Ron "High Tech - Red Neck" Otto

Attachments

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Congrats & welcome to F Life ! All of us here can appreciate your state of mind and excitement. She's a beauty. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hi Ron and Welcome to both FLife and the Club. You have a Great looking car there. Mine's a Nero SS #64. What number is yours. I try keep track of SS cars and there owners. That kind of looks like Dave's #20...Is that who you got it from? Great car if it is. He took very good care of her.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the kind welcome (everyone.)
Here's the VIN: ZFFRG36A1R0098734
The door jam plate says #3 of 15 with a manufactured date of 02/1994.
I got it from Kessler Motor Group in Florida on June 20th. CarFAX shows one owner, in New Jersey. (About a million miles away from Kentucky!)
Been traveling a bunch since June, and haven't had time to put any miles on it. The time is now!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hmmm...I thought we could send attachments via PM

Oh well

Please do try and get her into the registry here at FLife. Just put it in the 1992 Speciale section with mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Congratulations! That is a beautiful car:)

Chris

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ciao congratulations and welcome

That ss looks great enjoy it thoroughly....:cool:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Well, I did it. I took the plunge and fulfilled a boyhood dream of owning a Ferrari.
I bought a 1 owner, 1994 348ts Serie Speciale (Red/Tan) and had it shipped from Miami to Kentucky. Needless to say, there aren't a lot of Ferrari's in Kentucky.
If anyone knows of a good mechanic in the greater Cincinnati area, I'd be forever gratful if you passed along that information.

Ron "High Tech - Red Neck" Otto
Congrats and welcome to FLife.

Suggest you contact "RufMD". He should be able to give you the name of good mechanic in the area.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You da'man!

Really nice car dude! Enjoy it in good health and lots of smiles.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Really nice 348….welcome to the forum….

Don’t mean to be the black sheep but, I have one question…Are you sure it’s a Speciale?

The Speciale doesn’t have a grill on the rear lights; they have a bottom lip on the front spoiler and carbon seats….

Just curious……

Mario

~

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Really nice 348….welcome to the forum….

Don’t mean to be the black sheep but, I have one question…Are you sure it’s a Speciale?

The Speciale doesn’t have a grill on the rear lights; they have a bottom lip on the front spoiler and carbon seats….

Just curious……

Mario

~
I was wondering that myself I have the SS seats and that's the first thing I noticed.

????????

Maybe I have his..:eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Magnum - not sure if your inquiry was about my 348, but if so, it is a Speciale. Exposed rear lights, bottom lip on the front spoiler, carbon seats, ts Speciale logo on the dash, etc.
But I do have a question maybe someone can answer. Everything I've read about the Serie Speciale says there were 100 made each year. The plate on the passenger door jam on mine says: #3 of 15. Were fewer than 100 made in 1994?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks Magnum - not sure if your inquiry was about my 348, but if so, it is a Speciale. Exposed rear lights, bottom lip on the front spoiler, carbon seats, ts Speciale logo on the dash, etc.
But I do have a question maybe someone can answer. Everything I've read about the Serie Speciale says there were 100 made each year. The plate on the passenger door jam on mine says: #3 of 15. Were fewer than 100 made in 1994?
There were two series. 100 made in 1992/93, which are numbered X of 100, and then a second batch of 15 in 1994 numbered x of 15.

Jonathan

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Everything I've read about the Serie Speciale says there were 100 made each year. The plate on the passenger door jam on mine says: #3 of 15. Were fewer than 100 made in 1994?
Yes I was...

It’s kind of hard to see with only one picture, just wondering if it was…nice car, enjoy it!!!

Mario

~

·
Registered
1 Posts
The SS 348's are awesome cars! Our family's car dealership had one for sale that we decided to keep. Once looking into the service history and rarity, it is far too difficult to part with. The SS cars seem to be the must undervalued Ferraris on the market?!! We have #42 With the original carbon seats...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts