Ferrari Life Forum banner

Never starts on the first go!!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gthomas 
#1 ·
Just a quick sense check with any other 355 owners out there.

Mine never starts on the first go.

When it's hot, it takes three tries – like clockwork - before it fires up

Is this normal? I know starter motors are a bit of a weak spot for 355s, so is this the sign of it on the way out?

Possibly it might be all the fuel has been evapourated by the extreme heat in the engine, so it takes a while for more juice to be pumped in for ignitiion.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ta

#2 ·
With the fuel injection, you should have fuel as soon as you have power to the fuel pump. You may want to check the spark plugs. Perhaps they are a little weak. How many miles are on them and how old are they?

Just a thought.

#3 ·
The first musclecar I bought with my own money(@17y/o, '73 Olds) would, when driven for any long period of time at high speeds(as in travelling) would not start immediately when first turned off, it would need to cool down for 5-10 minutes, it was the battery, it did not have enough cold cranking amps.
Make sure your battery is up to par, then as above post, go over everything you would in a tune up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.