Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am driving on a Southern California Freeway in traffic in the second lane. My speed is about 65 mph. There are a few car lengths between the car in front of me and my beast. It is a wonderful Saturday afternoon. The sky is clear and the weather is warm. How nice it is. I am aware of most of the cars around me.

All of a sudden, a large brown object appears from under the car in front of me. Immediately, I realize I do not wish to hit it. I quickly look to my left to see if anything is in the fast lane. Seeing nothing, I make a move around the brown thing. If I was driving most anything else, my blind spot would still be blind, but because I drive a Maranello, there is a window for my vision. I know it is safe for me to move into the fast lane for a moment as I go around the brown thing.

The brown thing is a large piece of brown very heavy paper. There may have wires in it. It is something, which could hurt my sweet thing.

I drive real roads with real drivers. Some are not good. One must see at all times. My 550 allows me to do this. I drive the finest car of the twentieth century.

8)

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
That's great Bart!

The 308 is just one big blind spot. You can only see what is directly in front of you. I guess what's behind doesn't matter anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Nice going Bart...Keep that 550 safe !

I used to drive a 93 MR2 Turbo, and my left blind spot was really bad, I used to always keep my right as clear as possible because I could see in front of the passenger headrest and side rear window by reclining the seat back to the wall. But if I had a passenger, same as the left.

550 is out of my price range but still my favorite car...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I dodge things all the time in my Accord (like those funky bushes that blow across the highways out here!), and no blind spot! Hehe

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Boxer said:
Pete04222 said:
That's great Bart!

You can only see what is directly in front of you. I guess what's behind doesn't matter anyway.
The 512BB was also designed with a general disregard for anything that might be behind the driver.
no one cares who finishes second!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts