Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. My dad got me a F-430 for my birthday this year and it has been a pretty cool car (except it came in much later than expected). My friend who works at the ford dealership helped me install a Nitrous Express EFI kit on the car last week. We only ran the 200 shot jets because we did not want to overstress the engine at high rpms. Everything worked fine for a few days. Now there is a weird metallic spinning sound after I let off the gas that sounds similar to a blender or something. I really need to find out if there is a quick way to fix this before my dad finds out. If anyone has heard of this, let me know what is up.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Hi Jacob,
Kind of difficult to even guess what it might be without seeing it and I am not that familiar with the 430 engine. Could be as simple as an alternator bearing or it could be much worse. One thing I can tell you is that by installing the nitrous the warranty is void.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You let a friend who works at FORD install a nitrous kit on a Ferrari?!?!?!?!?!?

Let’s see how many mistakes you made here…..(still having a hard time typing because im still laughing my ass off)

• First mistake….you own a Ferrari (a dream car) and do not respect it.
• Second, you actually bought a nitrous kit thinking it would be installed and perform like a 2JZ-GTE or SR20DE engine would with a 200 shot of NOS
• Third, a real certified mechanic wouldn’t touch a Ferrari and a nitrous kit with a 10 foot pole so I highly doubt your friend knew what he was doing and did it on you nickel just for bragging rights
• Rule of thumb for NOS, for every shot of a 100, it adds about 5,000 miles of wear to an engine.
• In order for the kit to work properly on an engine this high tech you need a stand alone fuel management system via laptop
• Oh and the list below needs to be researched and tested in small quantities at a time, usually 50, then tune/replace and or modify parts, then 100 re-tune/replace and modify more parts etc…

Initial System Checks | Dry and Wet Manifold System Checks | Nitrous Tuning | How Air Density Affects Air Fuel Ratio and Power | Spark Plug Choice

Valvetrain Dynamics | Header Theory | Air Flow Fundamentals | Extrude Honing | How Cool Air = Horsepower.

Fuel Injection Fundamentals | Calculating Proper Injector Size | Injector Compatibility | Injector Duty Cycle | Balancing Injector Flow | Tuning Factors and Nozzle Placement | How To Tune a Fuel Curve | Steady-State Fuel Requirements.

Aiming and Positioning Nozzles | High HP Engine Combination | Cam Specs | Fuel Properties | Power Results.

Evaluating the Driveline | Piston and Bottom-End Designs | Cam and Valvetrain | Head Preparation | Intake and Exhaust | Drag Strip Testing

Good luck

~

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
I really need to find out if there is a quick way to fix this before my dad finds out. If anyone has heard of this, let me know what is up.
Your local Ferrari dealer should be able to swap the engine out for a new one in a day or two.

Whatever damage you did do, will be frightenly expensive to fix.

Only an Official dealer will have the diagnostic equipment needed to identify the problems.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Assuming this isn't a joke, it's going to be exceedingly expensive. However, it sounds like your dad can probably afford exceedingly expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts