Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My name is Assaf; I am a 26 year old communication student, at the “INholland” university in Amsterdam, the Nederland’s.
I am currently working on a project, were I have to analyze a communication problem regarding Ferrari. A communication problem can mean basically, any communication failure in the company both internal and external. From the board of directors to the employees (internal) or how the design department meets the costumers needs (external).
I don’t have lots of knowledge about the company and the first class cars they manufacture, I as a student can only afford to look at them…
Anyway, any kind of information can help, information that I can look more about it on the net, just need a jump start.
Thanks for the help, best regards,
Assaf Ben-Ari

[/list]

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
internal communication, well I guess it is very hard to get that info. Ferrari doesn't give any info at all, and offcourse not the faults they make. Maybe some owners here can give some examples of misscummunications, I know Ferrari of North America isn't always very nice to it's customers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The simplest way to tackle such a task would be to attempt to analyze how the design department satisfies their customer base effectively. The design department has obviously been very sucessful over the years. The most notable occurrence has been the Ferrari 360 Modena which sells over the MSRP rate for some low-mileage predriven cars. This is a complete anomaly from the usual price progression for 98% of cars on the road. Most cars depreciate with age. However, the Ferrari 360 joins the ranks of fine wine and real estate by selling above the MSRP even a year after the model was produced. The design on this car is obviously a quite phenomenal one. The design has been copied by Ascari and in my opinion, the 2005 Chevrolet Corvette has stolen the headlight. Porsche's Carrera GT, a $400,000 car, also resembles the 360. I hope you see a pattern. One of the best things Ferrari does is make new, completely different models. Well you will say, "But every manufacturer does that every few years right?" Wrong. Look at Mercedes and BMW, I can hardly distinguish the models, say a BMW M3 and a 3 series or a CLK series Mercedes from an E-class or identifying a 1996 Porsche from a 2004. My point is, Ferrari creates distinguishable models like the 612 Scaglietti, 575M, 360 series, and Enzo which all are very different cars, but still can be identifyed as Ferrari. They all have much different personalites and suit different needs. They aren't afraid to try new designs. Also, they are not bound by worrying that someone can identify the cars like many main high-end manufacturers. Ferrari customers are very loyal and are willing to try new things. Also, one of their design studios, Pininfarina comes out with new innovative concepts that the rest of the world envies. As you can see, Ferrari conducts business very differently than most manufacturers and usually is followed, not the one doing the following.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Does your project have to be based on a current event? I am thinking about the 2002 F1 season where Ruben was leading I think Austrian GP and had to move over for Schumacher based on team orders that came from top. There was clearly a communication problem when Schumacher asked Ruben to stand in the No.1 place on the podium and resulted in FIA investigation, hearings and fines due to protocol issues. Also, stirred a commotion within the fans and rivals. There must have been a communication breakdown internally that resulted in a shameful Schumacher at the end. There is a good story and many public articles that you could research. Hope this helps & good luck!

Cheers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts