Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think I am finally ready to buy a 360 from a dealer in Houston. Can anyone suggest a thorough trustworthy pre-buy inspector? Also, I need to ship the car to Chicago, so any recommentdations there would be great as well. Thanks, Louis.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Houston

Louis,
Not sure of which dealer you're dealing with here in Houston. If it is "Mom. J" and it's their red 360 coupe car, they are a fairly straight up dealer. I bought an F430 from them and had mine checked out by Ferrari of Houston. They're located on the SW Fwy in SW Houston. I don't have their number handy, but they are the only F dealer in South Texas.
Let me know if I can help.
StuM
'06 F430

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stu.

Funny that you said "fairly straight up". I have been clear on my offer all along (i.e. what I will pay for and what I will not pay for), but now they are trying to jam me for $300. Normally I would just roll with it (especially given the price of the car), but in this market it would leave a sour taste that I do not think I could live with (especially since I am facing 4 months of Chicago anti-Ferrari weather). In any event, if you do not mind, please let me know:

1. What Ferrari of Houston charged you for the inspection and
2. Since you seem to know the exact car, do you have any "inside information" on it?

Much appreciated, Louis.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another inspeciton possibility is Vintage Motorcars on Kempwood, ask for Ferda, he worked at FOH for many years and is where I take my car

H

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply Bad Dogg

I think the deal has fallen through, but I plan to take up the search again in Feb. Thanks, Louis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts