Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
We've discussed this car before. Dodgy wheels. Dodgy advertising implying it has done almost no miles when they just mean miles since rebuild. Berlinetta cut to spider then rebodied back to berlinetta again. Lots of less dubious cars on the market. See www.anamera.com.

Not sure now is the best time to buy though.

Jonathan

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Ohhhhhh.....Boxer is stalking again....!

Is this the right car.....?:eek:

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I'm not too sure if this car should be overloaded with such an amount of pre-scepticism ?

Some things (as mentioned by others already) seem not to be too proper, I especially do not like the front, where the Plexi of the front is in a compleat different angle than the front part of the side blinker glass, and the ventilators on the dash seems to be "Toyota" like. Apart from that how do the numbers fit? As mentioned by others, the whole body seems to show quite some differences on the front hood in fitting to the rest.
The stamping on the gear box seems to be correct.
The "artificial" leather of the steering wheel just seems to hide the original, beautiful wooden rim (which may be easy to uncover). Besides the color of the leather (which really looks artificial) the inside panel, knobs etc. seem to be correct.

How about pictures from the Identification plates and lubrication plates, eventually U.S. safety compliance plate ?

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think a lot of that is fair comment 212, but what would worry me is that if there is such a lack of attention to detail in terms of the gaps/fitment/fixings which are all highly visible (& fairly basic things to get right by any competent restorer), then it doesn't really inspire much confidence in the quality of the more involved work carried out on the body of the car.
This is just my opinion for what it's worth mind:thumbup:
Cheers, Al.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I think a lot of that is fair comment 212, but what would worry me is that if there is such a lack of attention to detail in terms of the gaps/fitment/fixings which are all highly visible (& fairly basic things to get right by any competent restorer), then it doesn't really inspire much confidence in the quality of the more involved work carried out on the body of the car.
This is just my opinion for what it's worth mind:thumbup:
Cheers, Al.
You got a inportant point on your side, clearly. On the other hand, if everything would be correct, the car would be in balance (equilibrium) to the market and its price and probably would not even manage to lift an eye brow on Boxer's face.:D , as we all (probably almost all) believe that 320'000Euro for an average daytona in these times is probably not a favorable price/rarity relation (think about buying a F40 and for a little more a F50 for that amount):confused:

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
From the details such as air cover type, dual reverse lights, etc. this probably is a early, Euro model. Here are the things that bothered me, if you're after authenticity: no front spoiler as seen here, no gold painted wheels, steering wheel appear non-authentic, center console lacking trims, right triangle window latch missing, front bonnet insulator seems non-authentic, no screws around gas cap lid, tail lights lens appear to be aftermarket, etc. What is the asking price ? If this car was modified to spider and back to coupe again, it might be better to search other offers. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gentlemen, Much apprecaiate all the comments on this 'just a bit less than concours Daytona'. It clearly needs a lot of help on the body. It was a cut coupe (spider) which has since been returned to a Berlinetta body. Mechanically it apparently is quite solid. As a club racer it might be viable (assuming a condition correct price).

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
If you're looking for a club racer, seems like M. Sheehan's 365 GTB4 C conversion would be a better selection, assuming the asking price is right. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you're looking for a club racer, seems like M. Sheehan's 365 GTB4 C conversion would be a better selection, assuming the asking price is right. w/ smiles Jimmy
I took a quick look at Mike Sheehan's Daytona conversion. Price would be at more than twice the other, not counting the cost of getting it from the US to Europe (+ duties, VAT, etc).

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I took a quick look at Mike Sheehan's Daytona conversion. Price would be at more than twice the other, not counting the cost of getting it from the US to Europe (+ duties, VAT, etc).
If you compare the price of this Daytona vs Sheehan's Daytona C conversion (even tho its double), you might be better off considering the quality and workmanship of the latter, assuming your purpose is for racing and club use. Just my .02 sterling or yen. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
That's good, Boxer. Not that I'm trying to "push" this car,...it's just that I cannot imagine the awesome power/ weight ratio competition specs along w/ the carb'd exhaust symphony (probably more like acid rock ?) from both sides right behind the doors. w/ smiles Jimmy

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Very impressive stock of exquisite race cars, Boxer. That Daytona C looks just as serious as M. Sheehan's. If you're interested in such racers, another suggestion is a 1969 Daytona C at Mario Bernardi (Germany), although I'm a bit apprehensive to request the quote. www.mariobernardi.de/mario-bernardi/home/mario-bernardi/index.htm Nevertheless, this model looks more "modest" and unmolested as the other two. Mario's got a very impressive stock with no surprises. Just a suggestion, if you're interested in such racers. w/ smiles Jimmy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts