Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My name is Brian. I am new to these forums, but have been reading them for months.

I am 14 years old and someday will be the owner of a silver Ferrari F430 with black wheels (yellow crests) and F1 transmission. That is one of my goals in life -- to own this car. And I will. I can drive in less than one year, considering 15 1/2 I can get my permit.

But, considering this car is ~200K, I need advice on the steps to take to own one and the money that is required during the period of ownership. How often are the maintenance routines, etc.? What is the cost of regular maintenance? And what are the steps I should take when I am ready to purchase my Ferrari F430? I am readily prepared to capitalize on the right opportunities necessary to own this car much sooner, rather than later.

I am setting my goals now and would like to better understand the steps required to fulfill my aspiration. Your advice and help is greatly appreciated, especially coming from Ferrari experts like yourselves.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
well, like Bart said before: work hard, work smart, work long

in your case (and mine too, for a few years still), study hard, study smart, study long

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's nice advice you're getting, except I would add that nobody knows what's "smart" except in hindsight.

If you're so inclined, you could go somewhere like New York City, and court a rich woman. Just don't get greedy and bring up your F430-lust too early.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Owning a Ferrari is a great goal to have, but unless you are already very wealthy or can win big in Las Vegas, hard work and making the right career choices along the way are the only way you are going to achieve your goal. Good luck to you.
I had the same dream 20+ years ago, and believe me, when I finally bought a Ferrari it was one of the happiest days of my life, next to being at my son's birth and getting married.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Owning a Ferrari is a great goal to have, but unless you are already very wealthy or can win big in Las Vegas, hard work and making the right career choices along the way are the only way you are going to achieve your goal. Good luck to you.
I had the same dream 20+ years ago, and believe me, when I finally bought a Ferrari it was one of the happiest days of my life, next to being at my son's birth and getting married.
Thank you. I will remember you the first day I drive it, Mr. Gibbs.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I too was young and dreamed of such aspirations. Like Gibbs, I had to wait almost 20 years till my dream is achievable.

At 14 you still have to go through a lot of experiences. There may be factors in life that may accelerate your dream or even kill it.

Unless you are from a wealthy family and can ask pop to buy you one ( I have seen spoiled kids get expensive sport cars).

My advice is:

1. Study hard to get a good job.
2. Once you get a good job, stick to the basics and practicality.
3. Save - if you have to drive a beat up car for 10 years it is all worth it. You will the envy of all your friends when you drive up to the party in your new ferarri. This will beat out the escallade's, benz's, bmw, lincolns parked.

or you can

1. marry a rich old hag
2. spend all your allowance on lottery tickets and pray a lot you win.
3. be a child actor prodigy.

good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts