·
Registered
3,874 Posts
That is an unbelievable car.

Chris

·
Registered
374 Posts
Awesome. Amazing low end torque (that's worth a lot on this track); now if it was geared for this track and equipped with "serious" tires, I'm sure it could do better (assuming that these are street tires). That track is simply a maze, imagine how experienced on the track the driver must be to drive such speeds, there are very few references.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They say that the driver is one of the engineers and that he is not a proffesional driver and that the time might be further imroved by few seconds. They used slick tires, unlike when they tested the Z06 with runflat tyres.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Dear friends

Maybe I'm a little bit in a conflicht of interest....but what is the big deal of a car with a 6.2 litre engine to surpass a 4.3 litre engine of the 430 Scuderia. Or by a turbo driven Porsche. If Ferrari would bore up the engine to 6.2 litre assuming app. the same weight distribution it would blow those record times over again. We should not start to compare apples with peaches or vice versa. Ferrari is still producing the best/highest per litre horsepower output in the industry (talking about standart engines without turbo's or kompressors).

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Hey Chris...check out that Wikipedia link for production cars at the 8:22 mark...sweeeeet

·
Registered
374 Posts
You are right 212Export, but I have to admit it is impressive to watch that 600+ bhp GT drive down the track, did you see the video?

FYI, I would not trade-in my 10 year old Ferrari for that not-yet-in-production Corvette.

BTW, how has the Scuderia been behaving?

Best
:cool:

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Hey Chris...check out that Wikipedia link for production cars at the 8:22 mark...sweeeeet
Wow...thats only 9 seconds slower than my favorite car....I'd rather have the F355 than the Cobalt SS/TC anyday. lol

Chris

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
You are right 212Export, but I have to admit it is impressive to watch that 600+ bhp GT drive down the track, did you see the video?

FYI, I would not trade-in my 10 year old Ferrari for that not-yet-in-production Corvette.

BTW, how has the Scuderia been behaving?

Best
:cool:
Perfect. I'm very, very happy with it...drove it 3'000km in the first 2 months, including track time in Monza. Its a wonderful car.:)

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
so how was it? did you break the record of the track? ;)
No, I'm a much too lousy driver anyway :) But besides it was great fun while respecting the fact that I wanted to drive back with the same car used on the track...this is never 100% sure;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have been following the new ZR1 for quite some time, it is nice to know that Chevrolet is putting Nissan back in their place. No offense to Nissan fans.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts