Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Alex,
Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish my living room looked as nice as your garage!
Great job!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Toys

I bought the 355 four years ago, the 360 arrived in Apr 2001 (after a 19 month wait on the dealer's list) and the Dino was a Barret Jackson 2001 find

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
360 wait

I was pretty lucky. I ordered before the interest in 360's really grew to insane levels. There are still guys on the Scottsdale Ferrari list for Spyders out 6 years at current delivery rates ( and over 2 years for Modenas)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Re: 360 wait

Alexpapas said:
There are still guys on the Scottsdale Ferrari list for Spyders out 6 years at current delivery rates ( and over 2 years for Modenas)
So that means that by the time those guys take delivery, the 360 will have gone through a 'modification'....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Here's the interesting point. The 360 will be replaced. Some dealers will transfer those who did not get a car during its production run to the list for the successor model. Other dealers will have already started a separate list for the new model. Where do you stand.? A question for lawyers.

Some dealers are plain ol' scumbags and will modify their list at their whim. The only way around this is to ensure your contract spells out exactly where you are at the time of giving your deposit and where you will stand if you move to the new model list due to the end of the model run.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Re: 360

Alexpapas said:
Here's the interesting point. The 360 will be replaced. Some dealers will transfer those who did not get a car during its production run to the list for the successor model. Other dealers will have already started a separate list for the new model. Where do you stand.? A question for lawyers.
A typical american answer, leave it to the lawyers :D

But i agree, that it's an interesting point.
But if you desperatly want a Modena you can always go with a used one

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sweet!

Alex, please tell me about your 360 and 355. How do they compare? Is the 360 more than just a beautiful shape, does it also outperform the 355 considerably or is it just a evolution in your view. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

thanks!
Tom

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
360 v 355

The 360 is an evolution of the 355 and is better all round physically. Bigger inside, faster on the road and track, more curvaceous and on and on...
Here's my dislikes. It sounds quieter ( due to stricter noise regs). it feels too smooth, it has problems with electrical components, especially the catalytic's electronics due to being all aluminum and not having a good grounding point, the fuel guage never reads more than half, even when full and it feels bigger to drive. The standard horn is a Buick sounding abomination (which was promptly replaced by real FIAAM air horns) and it's easy enough for my wife to drive.

My kids think it's a poseur car and they would rather go in the 355 anytime.

I enjoy them both and they are both starters in the rotation, kinda like Randy Johnson (355) and Curt Schilling (360)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Re: 360 v 355

Alexpapas said:
I enjoy them both and they are both starters in the rotation, kinda like Randy Johnson (355) and Curt Schilling (360)
But unlike those two, the 355 and 360 probably won't go on strike....... :roll:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Alex,

Wonderful. Just wonderful...I just proposed a deal with my wife about our new home. She decorates the house and I'll do the garage. Thank you for setting the standard. I won't say that my GTB will have the same company as your cars do!!

Forza,

Dane

1 - 20 of 37 Posts