Ferrari Life Forum banner

My New Garage

7K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  archiegibbs 
#1 ·
Well, the new house is almost done. We are due to close on the house next week. Here's a couple of pics of the 3-car, heated garage. All it needs now is a couple of fine European automobiles. My wife tells me that the rest of the house looks good too.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Ummm....wow....and I thought my garage was big and cool…

It’s amazing….and bigger than some homes…lol
Im happy for you….you deserve it buddy !

So the question is this….which one will sleep outside…the Dodge or the Mercedes???

~

#8 ·
So the question is this….which one will sleep outside…the Dodge or the Mercedes???
~
The Dodge will sleep outside. The garage will be for Mercedes, Ferrari and Jeep.

Hey Pete, got room for a lift?? My garage is heated, too, courtesy of the desert. -Steve
My A/C is opening the window. No room for a lift in this garage but I plan on building a mechanic's shop in the back, something around 26'x40' with a 12' tall door. It will have a 14' ceiling and will be more than roomy enough for a lift. I want to build it to fit any class-c motorhome. I think that will increase the resale value.

looks good, but your garage without the 308 is just an empty room
I'll post some more pics when the 308 is "Home". :)

I guess the 18 year old blond girl sleeps in the twin bed:eek: :cool:
That's how you end up losing your house. Stick with the girl you've got. The 18 year old blond girl may look good, but you know that there is some guy out there who is sick of putting up with her bullshit.

#13 · (Edited)
Actually Andrew, I was thinking about not going with an automotive theme in this garage. My wife gave me this really cool framed macreme from Europe and it matched the colors we had picked out. I am building a detached shop and that will have the automotive theme, it will be the place where we work on cars, for this attached garage I want it to be more like a living room where you happen to store cars, an extension of the house. It is where the men will hang out and drink beer and smoke while the women are in the kitchen doing whatever it is women do. Picture your parent's living room with a Ferrari and a Mercedes in the middle of it. That's what I'm thinking on this garage.

Now for the shop, picture the neighborhood gas station and a guy with a greasy rag hanging out of his pocket, one finger up his nose, and a dirty blue shirt with a name tag that says, "Bubba". That would be me. That will be the garage with the lift and the license plates hanging on the walls. I want to totally separate the "house" from the "toys". When I come in from the shop, I am done with cars for the day.

#14 ·
Pete, I really like your idea! I think of doing the same whenever I have a house (that's going to take a while hehehehehe)

I'm looking forward to visit you and see how the new house looks

Of course, shooting and going for a ride in the 308 are also in my plans! hehehehehe

#18 ·
Thanks Al,
We are acually living there now and I was pleased to discover that the house does have some sort of a shower and a working toilet. Actually 2 showers and 3 toilets. We've got 7 sinks total (I counted them) and my wife won't let me rinse out paint brushes in any of them. It's even got a funny kind of tub that has water jets in it. My wife says it is a "Jacuzzi", whatever that means. I thought that tub thing would be great for cleaning out engine blocks and transmission housings, just add a little degreaser to the water, but she got this funny look so I just said, "That's really nice Honey. I'll be out in the garage."

#20 ·
Yeah, sorry for the confusion. This garage is attached and will be for just car parking. The detached shop will be for working. My wife probably wouldn't care too much for me welding and grinding in the attached shop at 2 AM. With the detached shop I'll only bother the neighbors. :)

Here's a pic to attach to this thread. Can't wait for the lawn to start growing.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.