Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joining this years December Gstaad/Switzerland auction as a visitor I was able to learn/watch 3 interesting things to happen:

1. 2 sales prospectuses for a 500 Mondial and a 750 Monza went for around USD 20'000 each :)eek: )

2. A very rosty, in need for everything Daytona went for around USD 270'000 (incl. comm.):confused:

3. It seemed that around half of the Ferraris offered have not been sold at the time of close of the official auction, although the bids for the unsold Ferraris have been very high (i.e. 365 GTC highbid USD 350' incl. comm.). It seems owners of Ferraris ready to sell them believe they are holding bare Gold in their hands.

Again at home I searched in my old Cavallino magazine's form 1989, 1990 and 1991, where the famous, now passed away Stanley Nowak regularly reported about the auction results, the specific happenings and his personal thoughts about this market. It seems many parallels are occuring today as then.

Ah by the way, I realised a 4th. interesting thing. I'm totally wrong about predicting the pricing of the Ferrari market. This market runs much further up in pricing than I was personally thinking. Therefore I better stop writing about this, NOW.:eek:

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Great and interesting observations. The basket case Daytona was a real eye opener for me. I did a little bit of looking into it before the auction but decided it was a potential financial black hole. I was told that it had not been run in several years and that they were afraid to even try to turn it over.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the market as we head into 2008.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts