Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new to this forum, - coming from Denmark. I have bought my first Ferrari, - a 1977 308 GTB steel euro version, s/n 22159. I bought it in San Francisco in early January 2008, and imported it to Denmark. Previous owner was Indyrace driver Leonard Faas from California. His head mechanic, Don King and team, have serviced the car during all 30 years. Motor is blueprinted.

I think it could be interesting to hear if someone know my car from earlier?

Also all other comments are welcome.

Thanks
Hans

Attachments

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Welcome to the site

Very pretty Sir. Is it all original? I suspect there have been a few modifications under the hood.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Welcome! Sweet car! The paint job and the interior look flawless.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Welcome!!! The car looks amazing, and the rims suit it very well.:D

Chris

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
sorry I don't know the car, wish I did, but it looks great!

congratulations and welcome to the site!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Hans! :)

I know nothing about your car, but I do know there is a registry for GTBs -- a google search should find it. There might be information on your car there.

Cheers,

Tony

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
s/n 22159 1977 308 GTB

Gents,

Thank you very much for your nice welcoming for a rookie within Ferrari, - it is appreciated. :)

St Bastage:

The engine was dismantled and all movable part were measured to fit a new and tighter tolerance than the one Ferrari initially have set. The parts which did not conform with the new tolerance were changed. This gave more bhp and should extend the lifetime of the motor and should also give it a smoother run.

Pete04222:

Yeah, I think that I have been very lucky with this car. It is indeed quite flawless, - also by taking a detailed look. Unfortunately, the shipping company made 6-8 cracks in the rear bumper. I will have it repainted the first coming week.
I had an inspector on 5 pcs 308's before I found this one. It was a good hunt, and I think I learned a lot in the process.

Chrishawk4:

I like the rims as well! I realize that they are not original, but the new ones gives the car a moore aggressive look and the handling of the car is even more stiff and accurate.

Tony K:

I am (read: my car :) ) already present in Robert Retzlaff's register. I mailed to him with the details. However, thank you very much for informing me about the register.

I have again enclosed some picture of the car with some relevans to your comments.

Again, thank you all for the comments :)

Kind regards
Hans

Attachments

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Hi,
I am new to this forum, - coming from Denmark. I have bought my first Ferrari, - a 1977 308 GTB steel euro version, s/n 22159. I bought it in San Francisco in early January 2008, and imported it to Denmark. Previous owner was Indyrace driver Leonard Faas from California. His head mechanic, Don King and team, have serviced the car during all 30 years. Motor is blueprinted.

I think it could be interesting to hear if someone know my car from earlier?

Also all other comments are welcome.

Thanks
Hans
Suggest you contact Gerald Roush at Ferrari Market Letter. He should have a bit more history on your car as it is a US model.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EURO version driven in US

Hi,

Thank you for your comment.

The car is indeed driven in the US, but it is a EURO version. It was originally registred in Oregon which at the time did not had any legislation concerning catalysator due environmental reasons. However, it has been driven the past 30 years in California.

Do you think he knows about the car despite it is a EURO version?

·
Administrator
15,140 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for your comment.

The car is indeed driven in the US, but it is a EURO version. It was originally registred in Oregon which at the time did not had any legislation concerning catalysator due environmental reasons. However, it has been driven the past 30 years in California.

Do you think he knows about the car despite it is a EURO version?

If the 308 has been in the US, then Gerald very likely has information on it. You can alos try Dick Merritt at the DOT in Washington DC.

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Hey guys, look at the first picture in the second set of photos, the one of the engine bay. There's that shield again covering the distributor! Only the second one I've ever seen. Was it Al that was looking for one to get the measurements off so he could reproduce it?

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
That engine bay is amazingly clean! Very nice:D

Chris

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome, beautiful 308. My favorite sometime back and for a long time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
difference

Hello Onno,
Thank you very much for your comments:)

I have removed the black speedo canopy as I have delivered it in for repair.

It is as simple as that, - but very nice spotted of you:)

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
That is a beautiful 308 Hans. Congratulations on your acquisition, may it bring you the utmost pleasure and contentment!:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your GTB 308

Hi!

Really Love your GTB!

Its a very old post so hope you are still aktive here!

Wondering if you can tell me how much you sold your GTB for ?

I have a Euro GTS 308 and would like at some stage to buy also a GTB
They are not so common around Sweden / Denmark and it's hard to say
What is a fair price for both seller and buyer...

BR Craig!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts