Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 21st March I was for the very first time on track with my 348 and about 20 other Ferrari's 8) 8) (most of us coming just after the good conclusion of 2004 Malaysia F1 Grand Prix :D :D ).

We had some free laps; 4 speed laps; 4 regularity laps.
It was actually only a kart track (about 1.000 m long) but it was superb to me!!!!

It would take too much time to describe my sensations; so let's sum up my best moments:
- first laps of training on a Mondial with a friend that usually attends competion races; :D
- first attempts on my own 348, with a perception of control progressively increasing; :D
- the happiness to regularly control the over-steer when accelerating 8) 8) 8)
- the few laps driving the magic 246 (even though I ended with an involuntary loop) :oops: :oops: :oops:
- the strange experience to be a passenger in a F40: the acceleration is really a punch in the stomach :eek: :eek:.

Some pics to share with you my emotions.

P.S.: my time on the fast laps was pretty good, compared with the others
P.S.bis: most of the car in the pics (including the 246) are of the guy that I mentioned in the Forum time ago as A TRUE FERRARI SOUL.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
adlinyusman said:
sounds like you attended a pilota ferrari event...or was it just a normal trackday event?
It is a non official event: just a meeting of Ferrari fans, organized by a guy who not only bears the weight of arranging things, but even lets his friend drive the cars of his collection (this time unfortunately he didn't bring on the track the Daytona nor the 275 GTB). This is very nice and unusual, according to my experience.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
very nice, sounds like a lot of fun

and love it, a yellow 512 BB :D

BTW, that Modena behind the F40 has an italian stripe like the CS??
how did they do that? is it painted on afterwards?
or is it a brand new car, so that it is also in the paint like with the CS?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dj Dirk said:

Isn't the stripe a decal? I've seen it on a 575M when I was up in Tornoto over the summer. That's a $3000 decal though... If you look closely at it, you can see that it's a decal wne you get up close to any car with the stripe.

·
Registered
383 Posts
that means you can have the decal for any other ferrari? I thought it was reserved for the CS?

Btw..3000 bucks for a decal is loony. But then again, when is a ferrari product ever cheap... :nuts:

·
Registered
895 Posts
adlinyusman said:
that means you can have the decal for any other ferrari? I thought it was reserved for the CS?

Btw..3000 bucks for a decal is loony. But then again, when is a ferrari product ever cheap... :nuts:
Pretty much. You can get anything if you pay for it...

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Rosso said:
Isn't the stripe a decal? I've seen it on a 575M when I was up in Tornoto over the summer. That's a $3000 decal though... If you look closely at it, you can see that it's a decal wne you get up close to any car with the stripe.
check a CS, it's not ontop of the car like a decal, it's in the paint
and i believe it's about $5000 option :eek:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dj Dirk said:

Yes, really a lot of fun.
And in a very relaxed environment; look at the pic: I never met before the guy that is seating on the 348 with me (I’m the driver!). He just asked me if he could get into a Ferrari, as this was his dream. And that’s all.

As far as the Modena is concerned, yes, she is a regular one with a decal (or a painting, don't know)

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
Rosso said:
check a CS, it's not ontop of the car like a decal, it's in the paint
and i believe it's about $5000 option :eek:
Oh hmm...I dunno. On the 575 I saw in toronto, it looked like a decal to me. I will have to take another close look at the next Stradale I see. You may well be right.

Here's a pic of the 575M with a stripe. Looks kinda odd.

http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/FerrariF1/New Alblum/Ferrari/104_0483.jpg

·
Registered
895 Posts
Dj Dirk said:
hmm, first time that i see that on a 575, looks strange
I thought it was kinda quirky looking on the 575 when I first saw it too. Still think it's kinda out of place and just doesn't look quite right...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts