Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the car yesterday and today went to start it and it was revving up on it’s own to a very high rpm i shut it off and got scared but a day befor that my battery died out my dad left the lights on and then had to Get a jump then today it did all that if someone could tell me what it is befor I start it up again gonna take it to a dealer hopefully it’s nothing serious

·
Super Moderator
2,209 Posts
Please keep us updated on what the problem is/was when you find out.

A 612 owner on another forum recently posted about a similar issue with his car.

Interesting that similar issues with two different cars have popped up in less than two weeks.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I bought the car yesterday and today went to start it and it was revving up on it’s own to a very high rpm i shut it off and got scared but a day befor that my battery died out my dad left the lights on and then had to Get a jump then today it did all that if someone could tell me what it is befor I start it up again gonna take it to a dealer hopefully it’s nothing serious
Check that your floor mat is not sliding forward and pushing the accelerator pedal. It happened to me. I was mortally embarrassed... the service manager diagnosed it over the phone.

Ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts