Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some nice shots of when my son and i traveled to Italy this summer for a week. Stayed in Maranello and drove the Stelvio and Dolomite passes.
I think there are some nice shots in some " must do locations" for a Ferrari.:5_1_116[1]:.

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My F355 spider at 2008 Lemans

Also a few pictures of my other son and i at the 2008 Lemans. Highlight of this trip was Stu letting me take my son up and down the Mulzain straight on mad Friday in his brand new Scud:jesus: and boy did i cain that baby:grin: Epic car and epic guy for letting me drive it at full chat.
Epic police for just standing by and letting me do it:grin:.
Will be there again next year.
As you may have gathered i drive my 355 long distances and i drive it hard. it is 100% reliable so dont worry so much about taking your 355 across Europe. I have done it twice a year for the last 3. Kind of gives you a warm feeling ey;) Love the last pic, Enjoy:grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Very good pictures! Thanks for sharing them.

Chris

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Great photos and very telling of a great experience.

Fabulous country as well.

I was in Maranello at the factory in Sep 07 but they would not let me in! They have a new regulation that a dealer has to arrange your visit a min of 4 weeks before your arrival.

That was instituted 3 weeks before I was to be there, and no luck!

It was due to the Ferrari/Mclaren F1 fiasco, and now Ferrari wants to know everyone who goes through the factory!

No problem as we are going back this coming year!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
HOLY $HITE those were awesome shots I like your gas cover.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome shots Chaz :)!! That 355 is looking good :D!!
And i have saved the best picture just for you mate. My pair of harmonic resonators, as only found on European 355 spiders in the years of 1995-96:grin:......Go on i know you want them MoFos dude;)

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great scenic shots, but next time could you take them without that 355 as it spoils them.

Thanks.
Now now little twat:smug: Thats exactly what i am thinking when i see videos of all you Scudrunner lady-boys:bow: driving around London at 20mph.
So let me think.......Drive around London at walking pace in trafic...or......Driving around the Alps of Switzerland and Italy:jesus:

:smug:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice one Chad, did you do something different to the grill? How do you keep your engine soooo clear mate?
A few subtle things have been done to what i think enhance the car. The front grill was just painted the same colour when i re-furbished the wheels. Also things like 11mm spacers all round to give a better stance, as well as 295 tyres. Another nice and recommended touch are Xenon lights, http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8665 also i have one of the original Capristo systems (see link at bottom of my responses) And metal wing badges....not the Yoshi type by the way, tried them and was not to impressed with fitment.
I have had all these touches for 2-3 years now. Am getting a little board of the challenge grill and am thinking about removing it this winter. I like the look of solid panels at the moment.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I would keep that challenge grill is better for the cooling and gives an outlaw feel to it, i don't think i have seen a finer example like yours before, just fantastic Chaz almost like a CMC model perfect!!! Maybe i should paint my front grill as well. My is a standard F355B F1 with a challenge grill any suggestions or pointers on improving it?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey thanks for the complement dude:grin: Yep i think it is a fine example that's set of by the rare rich dark Rosso colour which is called Rosso Barchetta. Its the original colour of Ferrari that Enzo used on his first race cars, and what he referred to as "blood red". Its borrowed from the Alfas that he used to race/manage. the colour was only put on 1995-6 spiders and was used on the GTS/GTB until 1998. But it was on the colour option if a customer wanted it.
Regarding improving of your car, this has to be personal choice. Some may like the little bits that i have done and some will hate them. But this is what i have done as well as brand new leather and new paint on the front bumper every year.

After market fueling chips (fitted before i owned the car)
Carbon fiber interior http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?p=79735#post79735
Custom mats.
Momo Race wheel.
Leather inside mirror corners.
Hills gear knob.
Challenge grill (that i am board of and its coming of)
Hills 11mm Wheel spacers all round.
295 tyres.
Painted red calipers.
Metal wing badges ( i was one of the first to use the after market ones 4 years ago)
Capristo.
Wheel coloured painted front grill.
Clear side indicators with LED bulbs.
Xenon head lights. http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8665
LED side lights.
LED brake bulbs.
Under bumper skid plates, although the car has been lowered and they do very little good to protect the bumper.
Brushed alloy fuel filler cap.
Ipod connectivity.
X2 Phoenix gold amps.
Alloy door pins.
Hills slave bearing.
Thats it in a nut shell, do ya thing man:afro:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts