Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2005 Supercharged Z51 Corvette with 600 hp (hey at least it's Ferrari Red):)

Our 68 Eleanor Mustang (not done yet but hopefully soon)!

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Your Vette is absolutely beautiful, and does stand out from the crowd with that hood.

Chris

·
Registered
374 Posts
Very nice American Iron. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Beautiful cars! Love the 'Stang!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the "Stang love!" We just ordered the wheels and tires for it along with the engine pulleys, another 6 months and we will actually be able to drive it....something to look forward to.:D

Here is a picture of Eleanor's engine.....

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
That is a beautiful looking Mustang:)

Chris

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How long until the Mustang is fully finished?
We are going to be ordering the wheels and tires next week also the engine pullys. My husband thinks in about 6 months it will be ready to roll. We have a superb interior guy who just does an amazing job, problem is he is extremely busy and it that may hold us up a bit.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Muscle Cars

I am the reverse. I own a bunch of Ferraris and Lamborghinis and just started to collect muscle cars. I currently have two cars under major restoration; 1956 Chevrolet Corvette and a 1969 Chevelle 396SS. The Chevelle has been at the shop for over a year and the Corvette has been at the shop for six months. The guy that is restoring the Chevelle is also restorning one of my Countachs, which is a two year project so far. I think if these body guys turn these cars around where it looks perfect, the time and money will well be worth it. I told both body shops that price and time is not a factor. Well they keep on asking for money but I am getting frustrated on the time they are taking. I am glad to meet someone else who is restoring a muscle car. I would appreciate the pictures of your Mustang as you proceed with the work. The paint seems brand new, has the car been painted?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am the reverse. I own a bunch of Ferraris and Lamborghinis and just started to collect muscle cars. I currently have two cars under major restoration; 1956 Chevrolet Corvette and a 1969 Chevelle 396SS. The Chevelle has been at the shop for over a year and the Corvette has been at the shop for six months. The guy that is restoring the Chevelle is also restorning one of my Countachs, which is a two year project so far. I think if these body guys turn these cars around where it looks perfect, the time and money will well be worth it. I told both body shops that price and time is not a factor. Well they keep on asking for money but I am getting frustrated on the time they are taking. I am glad to meet someone else who is restoring a muscle car. I would appreciate the pictures of your Mustang as you proceed with the work. The paint seems brand new, has the car been painted?
This is a ground up restomod so everything is new including all the fenders/hood, paint ect. We just got the wheels on a few days ago and the pully system on. Sure would be nice to have a garage full of Lambos and Ferraris to start but I'll take what I can get. Here are some pictures of the pullys and wheels.

·
Registered
260 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. You might not want to drive it since it looks so perfect. Absolutely awesome. It is an original 1968 right? I have seen some replicas that are morphodites, parts from different brands of manufactures and some even had a Hemi engine on it. I really appreciate the pictures. I do not mind posting pictures of my vehicles but do not know how. I can email it and you can post it if you are curious of any cars I might have in my collection. I have a 12 car garage in my main residence but since I am a pack rat, I needed more space so I installed a bunch of lifts. You can do that also, even if you have low ceilings. They can custom adjust your garage tracks. I had to have that done after I smashed the windshield on my Diablo 6.0 when it was on the top of the lift. That was a $5K OUCH!!!!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous. You might not want to drive it since it looks so perfect. Absolutely awesome. It is an original 1968 right? I have seen some replicas that are morphodites, parts from different brands of manufactures and some even had a Hemi engine on it. I really appreciate the pictures. I do not mind posting pictures of my vehicles but do not know how. I can email it and you can post it if you are curious of any cars I might have in my collection. I have a 12 car garage in my main residence but since I am a pack rat, I needed more space so I installed a bunch of lifts. You can do that also, even if you have low ceilings. They can custom adjust your garage tracks. I had to have that done after I smashed the windshield on my Diablo 6.0 when it was on the top of the lift. That was a $5K OUCH!!!!!!
I would love to see some pics of your collection. I might say WOW as well to your 12 car garage (must be nice!) The "Eleanor" as they call em is a movie car from "Gone in 60 seconds" the 2000 version with Nicolas Cage. It is not a REAL 68 Shelby GT500 but the movie version of it. We started with a really rusted out ratty 68 FB and stripped it completely. It is a painstakingly long tedious process, but it's almost there. I figure we started with a desirable car a fastback and only made it better. In the Mustang world the "Eleanors" don't seem to get much respect but we think it's beautiful! I'll send you an PM with my e-mail address so I can see your collection.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would love to see some pics of your collection. I might say WOW as well to your 12 car garage (must be nice!) The "Eleanor" as they call em is a movie car from "Gone in 60 seconds" the 2000 version with Nicolas Cage. It is not a REAL 68 Shelby GT500 but the movie version of it. We started with a really rusted out ratty 68 FB and stripped it completely. It is a painstakingly long tedious process, but it's almost there. I figure we started with a desirable car a fastback and only made it better. In the Mustang world the "Eleanors" don't seem to get much respect but we think it's beautiful! I'll send you an PM with my e-mail address so I can see your collection.

I have sent you bunch of cell phone pictures. I am a total computer illerate and do not know how to post pictures. Like I told you, I just got started in collecting muscle cars. The problem I have now is no space. I have multiple homes and every house I have has lifts and has some sort of exotic car parked in them. I bought the houses to utilize the garage space but was an idiot for doing that. I ordered a 75x150 steel building so that it will solve the problem. I am in the market for a 1965 Corvette Convertible, top of the line big block, side exhausts. Barn find is alright also as long as the car is complete.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is my friend Lambo65's garage pics....only a few to scratch the surface as he has SOME collection!:drive:

·
Registered
260 Posts
This is my friend Lambo65's garage pics....only a few to scratch the surface as he has SOME collection!:drive:

Thanks for posting Supercar. I just got the blue LP 640 a few months ago and the Maranello has been shipped to my buddy, Pierro Navarro from Motorcars of Distinction (www.modexotics.com) in Palm Beach Florida for a full engine out major service as well as new headers and capristo 3. Actually I have five Ferraris there doing major work and upgrading the exhaust system including an old 1974 Ferrari Dino 246GTS. I will keep Supercar posted with new pictures if you guys and gals like to see them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts