Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you would enjoy some pics of my 360 with what some would consider "high mileage." I bought the car about 2 years ago, and was really hesitant b/c I bought with 38k miles. After verifying the service history and a full inspection, the car has proven to be an absolute joy, with zero problems. Goes to show with proper maintanance, the mileage shouldn't mean much... In my opinion, a good buy is when the depreciation is taken out, and a "higher mileage" car can BE :argh:the best buy you'll find- as long as the service has been done and everything's been properly maintained. But if you're looking to sell it shortly after, keep in mind that people are spooked from Ferrari's with miles for some reason, regardless of the fact that Enzo meant to have his cars DRIVEN! I think she looks just as good as the day she was driven off the showroom floor!

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
jwar,

Great to hear you are doing Enzo proud and knocking up the miles. I agree the cars are meant to be driven, and you obviously spend some time on keeping the paintwork polished too.

Did you paint the Ferrari logo on the garage cabinets or are they stickers?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ferrari Logos

Hey JJS612-

Those logos have sparked more conversation than the car itself! :grin: I actually ordered them, they came in like giant stencils. I stuck them on the doors and spray painted inside the letters. Once completed, I was actually disappointed b/c the letters looked "too thin." I retraced the outside of the letters with black paint, thickening the borders, by hand, by brush. Very gruelling, and tedius, but overall came out better.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Andrew

Thanks Andrew, I would love to! I'm actually in the Camarillo area... where are you near?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey JJS612-

Those logos have sparked more conversation than the car itself! :grin: I actually ordered them, they came in like giant stencils. I stuck them on the doors and spray painted inside the letters. Once completed, I was actually disappointed b/c the letters looked "too thin." I retraced the outside of the letters with black paint, thickening the borders, by hand, by brush. Very gruelling, and tedius, but overall came out better.
jwar, just goes to show, dedication to "Ferrari", be it the car, the paintwork or the logo on the wall - always seeking perfection.

I did think that in the US people would be more open to higher mileage. I lived in Virginia 25 years ago, we had a 5.2litre Chrsler Le Baron with over 200,000 miles. The I95 down to Florida a few times added very quickly to the clock.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VA to Spain

So VA to Spain? Wow, now that's culture shock! I'd take Spain in a heart-beat! What brought you there?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thought you would enjoy some pics of my 360 with what some would consider "high mileage." I bought the car about 2 years ago, and was really hesitant b/c I bought with 38k miles. After verifying the service history and a full inspection, the car has proven to be an absolute joy, with zero problems. Goes to show with proper maintanance, the mileage shouldn't mean much... In my opinion, a good buy is when the depreciation is taken out, and a "higher mileage" car can BE :argh:the best buy you'll find- as long as the service has been done and everything's been properly maintained. But if you're looking to sell it shortly after, keep in mind that people are spooked from Ferrari's with miles for some reason, regardless of the fact that Enzo meant to have his cars DRIVEN! I think she looks just as good as the day she was driven off the showroom floor!
Those are great cars and high mileage does not bother me. I rather get an exotic with higher mileage and save thousands and do the full engine out service and punchlist myself. Then I got myself a new car for a high mileage exotic price. I think people that only demand lower mileage cars are people that need to satisfy their egos. I am just grateful that I am able to own an exotic and someone`s left overs is fine with me as long as it is correctable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree- Lambo! if you buy it to drive it, why would miles matter? If you buy it with the intent to sell it in the short-term, then, in my opinion, you don't really have the $$$ to play around in the exotic auto market in the first place! ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Totally agree. I might even been able to convince myself the money I save justifies another car.

Mind you, looking at your collection Lambo65, it looks like you started doing that some time ago. Awesome collection. But which is your favourite?

And based on the fact you can't drive all of them, all of the time, I suppose it is one way of ensuring your mileage on each car stays lower - see I'm convincing myslef again!!

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Very nice car and beautifully detailed.

Is it black? Interior color?

What did you use to detail the challenge grille?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank You!

:crazy::crazy:It's black on black- here's a couple more pics. I have the front and rear grills, yellow calipers, tubi and kinetix catalytic converters, which sound great, but since putting on, the "check engine light" won't go off! :veryangry2: Any suggestions?

Thanks again! Great to hear good things about our cars especially as the prices depreciate in this economy. Oh well! We're hangin' in there!

:juggle:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
It sounds like an O2 sensor.

I believe you have to put the first one on the cars.

I will check that and let you know.

What do you use to detail your challenge grille?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used to get it detailed in Malibu CA off of Cross Creek. They are the absolute best detailers in the business! They won't tell me what they use on the grill, but when they're done, it actually sparkles like diamonds! So... I can't afford to keep up with the $225 details from them, so I started detailing it myself. I used an armor all type of product, and thought it would look like what they use, but not quite. Puts a shine, but not like theirs... . I'll ask them again and as soon I can figure it out, I'll let you know.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
---- I'll ask them again and as soon I can figure it out, I'll let you know.
Would appreciate that but they may not tell you.

I think it might be Turtle Wax Color Magic Car polish T-374KT black.

I can't seem to find that around here but I will keep looking.

My detailer gets $700/job!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts