Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Thanks for all of the information you have given me in response to my posts to this forum. You have been great!

Well, I bought a 1986 328 GTS Euro model last week and as I was looking at the pics I took of it, I noticed something protruding below the air dam which seems to be a metal enclosure. Does anyone know what this is? I have posted a pic and when you look at the front of the car on the bottom of the black airdam, you'll see something protruding below it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Marc

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,320 Posts
It is tuff to see in this photo, but my guess is that the rubber lip was bent/warpped and that is what you are seeing. It the part coming out metal or plastic?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Bulge

There is a fiberglass belly pan under the front of my 328. What you are seeing is a bulge to accommodate the air conditioning condenser. If you look through the front grille, you can see it. There is no bulge on the driver's side. --Steve

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve is on the money. It must be the air conditioning condenser. It's definitely not a part of the air dam itself.

Steve, Boxer and Enzo, thanks for the replies!

Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts