Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I recently bought my first Ferrari. I had read a lot about the headers and F1 failures.
I was scared but then discovered, almost by accident, these two mods that I have done:

• Remove the exhaust brackets
  • Install the Scud Ing F1 ECU for the F1 pump (thanks @StefVan )
Seems to me that everyone should know about them and do them. However, they are not so easy to find out when you don't know about the car.
Long story short: Any other must-have mod that I should know of? That would make the car more reliable / prevent something from failing?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Thank you Christophe. Regarding the F1, if the hydraulic accumulator, pump head or E-DIFF valve has never been replaced, they will have to be in your top 10 maintenance list. Clutch wear and TOB also need to be looked after. Same of the intake manifold gaskets which tend to leak and loose vacuum. Suspension parts like tie rods, ball joints etc will also wear out and corrode with time. Regarding the electronics, we've replaced already a fear amount of turn signal light/direction indicator flasher ECUs with our Smart TSL ECU. The original flasher ECU tend to fail as it contains an internal relay. Better go for 100% electronic solution and take the chance to have some new comfort features like the one-touch automatic flashes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Christophe. Regarding the F1, if the hydraulic accumulator, pump head or E-DIFF valve has never been replaced, they will have to be in your top 10 maintenance list. Clutch wear and TOB also need to be looked after. Same of the intake manifold gaskets which tend to leak and loose vacuum. Suspension parts like tie rods, ball joints etc will also wear out and corrode with time. Regarding the electronics, we've replaced already a fear amount of turn signal light/direction indicator flasher ECUs with our Smart TSL ECU. The original flasher ECU tend to fail as it contains an internal relay. Better go for 100% electronic solution and take the chance to have some new comfort features like the one-touch automatic flashes.
Thanks Stef that adds a lot to my to do list haha.
First of all, are your mods/suggestions must-do because of age or KM? my f430 has 11.500KM.
I will dig more into the forum.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
You're welcome Christophe. What counts on vehicles is age whatever the mileage is. I would even say that cars like the F430 with so few km done in 13 years require even more attention as there is a higher chance of gaskets, rubber parts, hoses failure. Also, if your battery is older than 4/5 years, replace it. A bad/weak battery can cause a lot electronic troubles. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello guys,

I recently bought my first Ferrari. I had read a lot about the headers and F1 failures.
I was scared but then discovered, almost by accident, these two mods that I have done:

• Remove the exhaust brackets
  • Install the Scud Ing F1 ECU for the F1 pump (thanks @StefVan )
Seems to me that everyone should know about them and do them. However, they are not so easy to find out when you don't know about the car.
Long story short: Any other must-have mod that I should know of? That would make the car more reliable / prevent something from failing?

Thank you!
Enjoy the car which mean drive it and don't let the car sit in the garage. Ferrari's are meant to be driven hard, this is what the car is designed to do. I have a 2009 and enjoy my car. Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Enjoy the car which mean drive it and don't let the car sit in the garage. Ferrari's are meant to be driven hard, this is what the car is designed to do. I have a 2009 and enjoy my car. Good luck
believe me I fully intend to do so!! :D
But i want to make sure that before I do, my car is all good :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts