Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year back, a dude posted about a MR2 based 360 replica that he was looking to complete. Here in SA these replicas are very rare (thankfully). This car has surfaced and is for sale at a local dealer.

Have a look at the deal website www.hamptons.co.za and check it out. It does not make sense to me - the asking price is more than the genuine Mondials for sale.

It may be interesting to see the pricing of the SA cars - bear in mind the exchange rate of 7.2:1 to the US Dollar.

The F355 is currently trading at a huge premium to its original price (even standardised in US Dollars).

With import duties being so high in SA the market is effectively closed to get new cars in and accordingly the prices of the cars remain very high. The F355 for R1.65m equates to US$229,000. It is ulikely they will get that price though with the R1.3m market being more likely.

I really hate looking at the UK Aototrader and seeing how reasonable the cars are priced overseas.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Pic is tiny on their site. Looks well executed but the front fascia openings appear too small, as do the wheels. I wouldn't bother. I've seen some replicas that at least on the exterior appear nearly exactly what the F-car looks like. But not this one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts