Ferrari Life Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great day out at Oulton Park. Only 8 Ferraris but worth being there.
250 Lusso and 275 GTB never made it.

www.tourbritannia.com

Attachments

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's some track action.
Definitely worth catching next year if you are near any of the venues.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Awesome pics!!! THANKS!!!

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, hopefully there will be more Ferraris taking part the more established the Tour gets. Slightly too many Porsche 911s for my liking. I'd like to see it turn into the UKs version of the Tour Auto.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The TdF appears to be a rebody on chassis 1069GT - originally a 250 GT PF coupe - nothing's what is seems !

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Great pics Marlin, thanks for posting.
Need to start spreading the word amongst the Ferrari community and get more cars there next year.
I would have gone, but I have only just got back from a long weekend in Amsterdam:D

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Archie, I've written an article for Ferrari News so hopefully the word will get around. It would be nice to see more of the old stuff out being used.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Might be worth letting your local FOC or PHR know about it, they can spread the word via the club's publications and website.

Although only 8 Fcars turned up, it looks like a pretty impresive gathering with 3 Daytona's. Usually with 8 F cars you'll get a couple of 3x8's, a few 355 or 360's and a TR, and they'll all be red too.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm the PHR "Northern correspondent" - hence the article for Ferrari News so hopefully the Tour will get a bit of publicity. As you say a good gathering - its a shame I had already seen four of them - I'll need to go further afield - hopefully there will be a few more exotics at the Concours.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry Andrew, what was I thinking................................

Attachments

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Thanks Marlin.
What are the following, the red car in photo3 and the blue one in photo 9?

BTW, I saw a 2 tone green Marlin in Northampton a few weeks ago:)

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Can't remember now. I just remember seeing an unusual car at a junction, I looked for the badge, saw it was a Marlin and thought of you. Not sure the colour did it any justice, it was a 2 tone BRG with a sickly snotty lime green colour

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds delightful!
Normally the two-tones are the bigger 2+2 Berlinettas.
My Roadster used to be BRG in its first life.
For some reason I find green cars unlucky..........that why it went red.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I like the one of the two guys in the Bronco, out for a leisurely drive on the race track with 2 spare wheels (just in case they have a puncture or two! They are gonna be well stuck if they blow three!), there's probably a load of jerrycans in the back full of fuel. Someone should have told them about the pits...:)

Nice pics Marlin!

Btw I had a Marlin in the workshop the other week, dark red, very nice :cool: - comes in every year for the MOT - really nice example.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
For some reason I find green cars unlucky..........that why it went red.
Me too. I used to have a BRG MGF, I bought it brand new about 11 yrs ago and used to clean and pamper it every weekend and tuck it up in the garage every night, I really loved that car.
I had a single and half width garage which was useful for storing things on shelves by the side of the car.
One day when the car was about 8 weeks old, I decided to get my terracotta plant pots down from the shelf, only they were stacked about 6 high and too high up for me to reach safely with the car in the garage. Anyway, I decided that I could still get them down without moving the car, but hadn't realised how heavy they were:(
CRAAASH down they came, hitting the windshield first, putting a huge crack in it from top to bottom, smashing the terracotta pots into 30 or so large sharp fragments, which I watched slide down the bonnet of the car in slow motion as they gouged deep scratches in my lovely shiney BRG paintwork.
End result was it cost the insurance co about £1000 for a new windscreen and a bonnet respray.
I'd imagine the claims assessors at Norwich Union had a great laugh when they received my claim form.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like the one of the two guys in the Bronco.
The Tour was split into Regularity or Competition.
As you can guess, the Bronco was Regularity - consistency over a set number of laps - they still looked like they were enjoying it :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts